Chapter 11

Liam's POV
I feel bad about leaving Arden in the hallway by herself. She seemed so sad and depressed. Danielle was here now and I wanted to introduce Arden to her. I looked around the room for Arden, but she was no where to be seen.
"Love, what are you looking for?" Danielle asked. I think the correct term should be who?
"Arden." I told her.
"Arden? Who's Arden?" Danielle asked.
"A friend. She's living with us for awhile." I explained.
"Oh, well I'll help you find her." she said getting up from the couch.
We walked around the house calling her name, but she never appeared. Did I upset her earlier? I hope not. I just wanted answers. I didn't want to hurt her. She was my friend and I wanted her to be happy.
"Um, Liam?" Danielle asked.
"Yes?"
"I think I found Arden..." she said pointing to the window. She averted her eyes away and looked at the floor. I looked in the direction she pointed in and saw Zayn's back pressed up against the window. Arden was in his lap...snogging him.
First Harry, now Zayn?! A burning fire rose up inside me as I stared at the horrific scene. How could she kiss Zayn?! I wish she was back in the hallway with tear-filled eyes than making out with my bandmate, my friend. My knuckles turned white from clenching my fists so hard. I felt a hand rub circles on my back.
"Liam, are you ok?" Danielle asked. Danielle. Why am I focusing so much on Arden, when the love of my life is standing right beside me? I turned towards Danielle and gave her a soothing smile.
"I'm fine." I smiled and took her hand and led her back towards the loungeroom.
In case you haven't noticed, I just lied to my girlfriend. I'm not fine, I'm confused. I'm confused about Arden. Why can't I stop thinking about her? She's just a girl. She means absolutely nothing to me. I feel like I'm going paranoid. My mind is buzzing from all this confusion.
I watched in pure misery as Arden and Zayn walked back inside holding hands. I gave a cold stare in their direction, but the only one who noticed was Arden. She looked at me with sad eyes and opened her mouth. Surely she wouldn't speak now...Would she?
"Why?" she asked. She spoke...Her voice sounded strong and confident. Nothing like how everyone else had described it. The chatter in the room stopped as all eyes flicked towards her.
"Why what?" I asked. She dropped Zayn's hand and walked over to me.
"Why are you upset?" she asked in a whisper. I'm not upset....Yeah I am.
"I'll be back." I told the others and walked away with Arden following behind.
"I'm not upset." I told her once we were alone in my room. I saw a small smirk playing on her lips.
"What?" I asked. She brought her blue eyes up to meet mine and I saw they held another story. Another memory full of damages and battle wounds.
"Liam," she breathed. "I've lived that lie my whole life. Your not fine." Thats how she knows what everyone's feeling. Its because she's been through it all a million times. She's gone through h*ll and back. No wonder she's so quiet all the time. She was abused and made fun of because she talked. She indured years and years of hate because she talked. No one should be pushed to the point to where they never open their mouths again. It's wrong.
"Your right." I sighed. She gave me a look to continue.
"I was upset b-because I saw you kissing Zayn." I looked at the floor. This is so embarassing. I felt her lift my head up to meet her beautiful eyes.
"You shouldn't be upset. You have Danielle. Your happy with her. Don't worry about me. I'll be all right." she said rubbing my arm up and down.
Thats the problem. You'll be all right, but I won't. I'll stay up late at night worrying because of you. I won't be happy until I know your in the right hands. I told her in my head. I didn't have enough courage to tell her to her face. She's making me go crazy. I can't think straight when I'm around her. She sends my brain into wild frenzies. It's driving me mad.
"I know. I just don't want you to be the one getting hurt." I said. She gave me a sympathetic smile.
"I've been hurt a lot. I think I can handle this on my own." she gave me a quick hug, so quick that I didn't even notice her fragile arms wrap around me until I saw her leaving.
How do you heal a heart thats been broken beyond repair? Is it possible? She's so fragile and full of caution that you don't want to squeeze her too hard otherwise she'd break and shatter to pieces. I watched as she disappeared down the stairs. It's hard to look at a girl like her. Her arms are covered in bruises and cuts. Her face has a handprint on her cheek. She's limping because her ankle is sprained. She so weak...but if you look closer, deep within you'll see thats she's actually very strong. Deep within you'll find her heart burning with hope. If you even take a second to glance into her eyes they glint and glimmer with trust and confidence. What hasn't killed her has made her stronger. Stronger than any one alive. If it was any one else who had been in her situation, they'd be long gone by now. She's a true inspiration. She's a living, breathing, beautiful angel.
"Liam? Where are you?" Danielle called up the stairs.
"Right here!" I yelled. I walked over to the stairway and met her halfway.
"You were up there for awhile. Are you sure everything's ok?" she asked.
"Yes." I replied smiling and looping arms with her.
We walked to the loungeroom and sat down in the love seat. The boys were chatting and goofing around making Danielle was laugh continuously. I listened a little, but mostly tuned everything out. I couldn't help, but glance over at Arden. She sat on the floor with her legs crossed and hands folded. She had an elegant grace about her that seemed to make her 10 times more attractive. I mentally slapped myself and joined back into the conversation with the boys, but my eyes kept sneaking glances at Arden. My eyes were attracted to her. I was attracted to her.
I wish I knew what was happening to me. I love Danielle not Arden. They are complete opposites. But I can't stop thinking about Arden. Just the thought of her kissing Zayn made me want to punch a hole in the wall. Then I realized it. I like love Arden. I crave her touch. I yearn to hear her voice. I want to give her my affection. I want to be the one who shows her love. True love. I've never wanted anything this badly. But there's a problem... I'm dating Danielle.

A/N: So, what do you guys think of Arden and the other characters? Are y'all ready for Thanksgiving? Cause I am!