The Deserting

Percy POV -:

My sister left me for a bunch of girls dressed as silver.

I am a homeless orphan in a city of which I have no clue about.

I only came here because those were the last words my mom told and my step sister. I hate her I hate Phoebe.

I roamed through the city mapping it out looking for barley noticeable nooks and crannies. I met this kind person who gave me some food and water. There was something about him that made being around him unsettling a powerful aura.

I settled for the night at small corner of the city walls near the gates.

Then like always after I slept of I had my regular nightmares, which had been there since my village had been invaded.

*Nightmare*

I was sleeping in my room when suddenly I heard a terrifying roar and screams of terror.

I woke up. I heard battle cries from outside scrams of women and children.

My step-mother burst in to my room with my step sister, who was wide awake.

I asked "Mother what's going on?"

"We don't have enough time."

"Wh-"

"Listen to me, Perseus listen to me go to the capital city with your sister. Then stay there.

I'll find you. I promise. Now go go"

"I'll come to the city like I said now go and don't look back."

"But-"

"Go now"

"Yes mother"

My sister took my hand and our mother ushered us out of our house.

"Remember both of you I'll always love no matter what. Ok? Now go."

I nodded and my sister almost teared up.

We rushed out of my hometown and then ran like Tartarus.

Until.

We got surrounded by some girls with bows and arrows dressed in so much silver they were literally shining.

I never understood the gravity of a situation much.

So I said "are you all trying to trying to imitate silver the metal you know like the metal?"

One of them wore a silver tiara.

The girl wearing the tiara narrowed her eyes and said "Shut up boy"

Phoebe hid me behind her and said "What do you want?"

The tiara girl said "My name is Zoë we are here to escort the you to our camp. Our patron has asked for an audience with you."

Phoebe " Wha-. Ok we'll come"

"What do you mean by we? "said Zoë.

"I mean me and my brother"

All the silver impersonators started protesting. (get it cuz they are completely dressed in silver)

Zoë raised her hand and all of them fell silent.

"We do not welcome males among us"

Phoebe knew that we should not argue with them.

"ok but at least let him come till your 'camp'."

Zoë thought and then agreed at a cost saying "Ok but he must walk 2 feet ahead of us at always then we will leave the boy at the border of the camp."

Phoebe agreed.

We started walking when I tripped and stopped so genuinely one of the silver girls kicked me and shouted at me to keep moving.

My sister tried to help me but one of the hunters restrained her so not much help was all I had.

Finally, after ten minutes we reached a clearing.

Where they took my sister with them and left one of the 'hunters' with me.

"so." I said "What's your name?"

She kicked me and said "Shut up."

I muttered to myself "Consider me discouraged to talk to you"

By some miracle she heard.

She slammed me on the head with her bow and said "I told you to shut up."

Suddenly Phoebe came to me and sadly said.

"You have to continue on your own to the city I have joined them"

"N-no please no"

My heart broke into two.

"I'm sorry"

She turned away and I didn't look back. Not even thread of hesitation was visible in her soul.

They threw me out of the camp.

I cried that night not knowing anything.

Not knowing what had happened to me.

Not knowing what impact, it would have.

I found my way to city after two days.

The guards let me in seeing as I was a kid I could hardly do some espionage work.

*End Of Nightmare*

One of my many nightmares.

I hated this one the most.

Then as I slept near the gate of the city, I heard a voice saying

"Perseus?"

Then I woke up.