Chapter 5

TOMMYS POV//

In, out.

In. Out.

In... out.... my breath hitches as I jump over a fallen tree, blocking the well traveled trail for joggers.

I needed to get away, and calm myself down. I don't know how much more of this I can take. My wolf is practically clawing at the insides of my head every time I'm near her.
Her scent alone, sends me into overdrive, but when she bites her lip... 

An involuntary growl escapes my lips, and my pace increases.

In, out.

I have an overwhelming need to rip the clothes from her body and engulf myself into her being, to become one with her. It's natural for any male, or female wolf for that matter, of my age. It's instinct to mark your mate.

She's complicated though, to say the least. Not only is she a pure blood, but she's also a descendant of Eve. The first of first, our creator. We don't know what that even entails.

But, I'm going to be with her no matter what, even if it put my life at stake.

"Why couldn't she just be like any ordinary female in the pack?! Arrrggghhh!" I scream out punching the trunk of an oak tree, the crack of its life ending echoes throughout the forest.

"She's our mate!" Dakota, my wolf speaks out finally tonight. "How dare you speak of her like that, don't ever compare get to the rest of that pack trash. She's Royalty and beyond perfect for us as she is, don't insult our future again. Stop being selfish and think of how it's going to be for her, maybe you're not worthy of her." His voice fades, a sign of him withdrawing from our link.

My anger at the whole situation boils over. I need to calm myself, now. I angrily abruptly stop running and sit in a meditation pose.

In... out...

I smell the pine trees, as the wind sends wafts of the forests natural aroma... a quite calming aroma at that.

In... out...

{Memory sequence}

"When we get old and have our own lives and stuff do you think we'll still be best friends?" Dawn asks swirling her hair around her finger as she stares at the sky. Her dark hair spreads out in the grass around her head like a fan.

"I don't think I'll ever have my 'own' life, I think you'll always be apart of it no matter what. We'll be best friends forever Dawn, I promise," I offer her my pinky.

"You're gunna have to be my bridesmaid then," she giggles grabbing my pinky with her own.

"I don't think so, but I will be in your wedding, wether you like it or not," laughing I shove her shoulder and jump up running away across the fields we grew up, running and chasing together in.

The memory fades into another memory of us, but a more recent memory.

{Memory sequence}

I slowly lean down and kiss her neck, licking her collarbone as I move lower dish her neck.

Her gasp catches me off guard and I almost lose it, there something about her heavy breathing and occasional gasp that makes me weak at the knees.

She suddenly has a  burning desire, an overwhelming need for me, I can feel it switch in her. She quickly pulls the shirt from my body giving me goosebumps, I've never had this happen before. My wolf usually takes control and it's not me in this moment.

"Whoa Dawn, slow down... let's take this slow baby. I want to feel this with you," My vice is noticeably low with desire, it clearly doesn't help her need for me, because she moans slamming her legs together before she pushes me onto her bed.