C. 0

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others"
- Mahatma Gandhi

*******

Ayanokouji's Prelude
Ayanokouji Kiyomi

Just another normal day in this new prestigious high school...

*sigh*...

A bustling, busy, and noisy classroom... as the last period just ended, in contrast to the dead-on-alive boring atmosphere in the morning before the first period.

This is a normal occurrence and pattern... in any school and even here. So I'm told...

As the school ended, everyone was now temporarily free of all the shackles the school had put on the entire now. For once every day, everyone is now free to roam and do whatever they wish (as long as one doesn't break any rules) for a limited time each day...

Before we're being forced to be chained to our chores of studying in the next day.

This is the time when everyone will be chatting and talking amongst themselves about what kind of things they want to do. Whether alone by themselves or with friends...

 Horikita-san and Yukimura-san doing something productive as usual like studying..., while our most ever popular Hirata is saying goodbyes to all of us to head to his club... Likewise with Sudo... as he is the part of Basketball club.

Karuisawa-san and her gang probably going shopping again or eating out at some sweet delicacy shop...

And then, there is Ike, Sotomura, and a few other boys in the back of the class... they're probably doing something... look like some kind of trading? I don't know...

I'm still a rookie when it comes to all those "school environment" social events... still need to get used to all this "normal school girl" life as much as I can. At least I'm learning something more than my old place... 

...

...still finding and trying to understand what's this "joy" and "happiness" that Matsuo has always been telling me about...

...

Hope he's doing well back there.

...

"Kiyo-chan~, are you ready?"

My train of thought has been cut by a girl I've been expecting... She's been running late for... I don't know... since we got this job together?

I look up to gaze upon blue eyes that stare right into my brown ones.

There stood a cheerful, long strawberry-blonde hair girl standing next to my desk.

"Kiyo-chan~, we have a date today, don't you remember?"

...

Silence ensued as the word "date" was uttered from her mouth.

...

Everyone in class stared at both of us...

It's not like I'm not used to this "joke" of her.

But that's like the 42nd time that she associated the word "date" with me for whatever reason... well there's one time she is surrounded by boys, and I just happen to walk there... then she used me and "date" as an excuse to send boys that surround her away? I don't really understand...