Prologue

Prologue

Zendaia groggily stood up from where she was sprawled across her comfortable bed and walked towards the mirror. Her red-hair was pointing to every direction it could possibly point to. She sighed and raked her fingers through her hair to untie any know in her hair. She then proceeded to climb down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen, making herself a sandwich.

“Good Morning!” her brother, Christian greeted rather cheerfully. Christian is a morning person, quite opposite of Zendaia. His hair was the same colour of their mother’s, pitch black hair, while Zendaia’s hair colour was their father’s. He cut his hair in a rather spiky style. While Zendaia’s hair rested just above her should blades. Zendaia’s and Christian’s eyes were of the same colour as their father’s, oceanic blue.

“Morning, Chris” Zendaia greeted, unenthusiastically, and placed her finished product of a sandwich in her mouth and took a bite of it.

Chris sat in front of her and said, “Better hurry, school’s ‘bout to start” as he ruffled Zendaia’s hair. His statement sent the red-haired teen’s attention to the wall clock. Indeed, it read ‘7:37’. She had less than half an hour to prepare to go to school.

Zendaia ate her sandwich, taking big bites off of it and when she was finished, she dashed up the staircase and did her necessities. She came back down the stairs after fifteen minutes and she heard her brother say, “I’ll drive you to school”.

Zendaia and her brother climbed up their car and drove to school but as they passed by the public park, the teen’s eyes strayed to the child who was staring at her. She thought that she was mistaken and shook the idea off of her mind.

She then diverted her attention to her iPod and played a few songs before they arrived at her school where Christian was teaching Chemistry.

“Good luck!” Christian wished his sister good bye and left to go to the faculty room with the other teachers.

“you too” Zendaia said before she walked through the halls to meet up with her friends, Devonne, a raven-haired Asian, and Avia, a blonde Swedish girl.

When Zendaia saw her friends leaning on the lockers near hers, she smiled and greeted, “Hey, Av, Dev!”  Her friends gave back the same gestures and they waited for Zendaia to finish what she was doing in her locker before they walked to their first class, Mathematics.

 On the way to their class, Zendaia and her friends talked about random things and they told each other a couple of silly jokes. Avia, Zendaia’s friend, suddenly stopped on her tracks and turned around to look for something. “What’s wrong?” Devonna asked, voicing Zendaia’s thoughts.

“I don’t know” the blonde said “I just felt like someone tugged me from behind” her eyebrows furrowed and sighed.

Devonne then said, “C’mon, Av, that must’ve been your imagination.” They continued to walk to their class.

The bell then rung and signalled that the three teens were now late for Math. The three dashed to Math class and when they pushed the door open, they were greeted by their furious teacher, Mr. Jacob.

“You’re late” at this, Devonne rolled her eyes and thought, ‘so not obvious, old man.’