Note

May 10, 2021

Since then, feminists have been critical of popular culture and its representation of women (or the lack thereof). There are differences in the feminist takes, depending on which lens (type) of feminism they have decided to view the issue on. What remains consistent for all of them is that the media industry contributes to strengthening the patriarchal foundation of the society, by (being a vehicle) mass producing various content that continuously annihilates women, and by producing (establishing) stereotypes themselves. As a result, consumers and creators alike are inevitably influenced (in different ways).

I am well aware of the power imbalance between this story's female lead (FL) and male lead (ML). FL, being ML's subordinate [in the office], is (much obviously) prone to being controlled and other types of manipulation by ML. If I remember correctly, FL has explained--albeit not explicitly and limited to the boundaries of an epistolary novel type of storytelling--her side to ML, and her friend. ML, also made aware of the situation by FL, has also made it clear that FL can make her own choices if they are not talking about work. Despite this, FL reiterated their power imbalances (noting that this does not "disappear" once they're out of the office premises; it cannot be turned off like a switch).

I write for leisure. I don't necessarily aim to write things that would serve as representation for women. If you're looking for women's representation, you cannot find it in Wrong Attachment Received. The story was written with the intent to focus on romance, and humor.

Going back to what I was saying in the first paragraph, we should also not forget that feminists themselves have debates and criticize one another.

Finally, if you're looking for certain things, do not search for them in places where they don't exist; it's a complete waste of time and energy. #1025A