Ch. 2

I ran out to the entrance of Game Shakers, only to find Henry and Blake laughing out loud. My heart began racing as I watched the two turn towards me. Blake quickly got off the couch and walked up to me.

"Babe, I was starting to get worried about you," he told me.

"Yeah, that's clear," I joked, and Blake crunched his eyebrows. I looked back at Henry who was awkwardly starting at Blake and I. "Henry," I began, "Could you excuse Blake and I. I need to talk to him."

Henry nodded, "Yeah. No problem."

I pulled Blake by his arm all the way to the back, far away from Henry. "Blake, I- There's something I need to tell you."

"Sure," he replied as he placed his hand on my arm. I slowly removed his hand, hoping I wasn't hurting his feelings. 

I took a deep breath, "I like someone else."

Things went silent for a moment. I could see the hurt in Blake's eyes, and I really didn't want that. I just needed to tell him the truth. "I can't go out on that date. I really am sorry."

"Yeah, no. It's alright."

"It is?"

"Yeah. I mean, you can't change who you like, can you?"

I sympathetically smiled at Blake and nodded my head. "Thank you for understanding."

"No problem," he replied. I pulled him into a hug.

Once we let go, Blake reminded, "I need to get back to that dinner now."

I laughed, "Yeah." I walked him out the back door and waved, "Goodbye."

"Bye."

I sighed deeply with relief, then, I walked back to where Henry was patiently sitting. He was using his phone, probably texting someone or scrolling through social media.

"Hey Hen," I began as I took a seat next to him on the couch. "Blake had to leave for dinner."

"Heyy, and yeah that's okay," he replied as he put down his phone and placed his arm around my shoulder. I turned to look at him straight in the eye.

"Henry," I began, "Did you really come all the way from Swellview just to see me?"

"Yeah, is that so hard to believe?"

I did nothing but smile. The silence was, strangely, comfortable. Not awkward, but comfortable. I had to break it, though.

"Do you want some water?"

"Yeah," he replied, "It was a long trip." I got up and headed for the fridge. I pulled out the water bottle and poured some water into a glass. "So how have things been at Game Shakers?" Henry asked me.

"Pretty good. Our games have been very successful," I replied as I put the water bottle back in the fridge. I then walked back to Henry while holding a glass of water. I handed it to him and he thanked me.

"And how's your job?"

"Really good so far. Hey, where's Kenzie and Hudson and Trip?"

"We're right here!" Kenzie yelled cheerfully as she entered through the back door of Game Shakers. Hudson and Triple G were dragging themselves behind her.

"Wow. What happened to you two?" Henry questioned, looking at Hudson and Trip. Kenzie and I laughed thinking of what we were about to tell Henry.

"Henry?!!" Hudson and Trip yelled simultaneously.

"Hey guys," Henry replied, getting up to greet the two. "You guys look like you just ran a marathon."

"Pretty sure we did," Trip replied.

"Marathon," laughed Hudson. Everyone at Game Shakers looked at him with confusion.

Kenzie sighed, "Let's get you two cleaned up, eh?"

She walked Trip and Hudson to the back, leaving Henry and I all alone.

Henry turned around and looked at me. Then, he took my hand. My eyes lit up with joy as I looked back into his eyes.

"I've missed you," he confessed.

"I've missed you too," I replied, but just then, my phone dinged. I took it out of my pocket and switched it on. The text was from Mason. I simply ignored it and put my phone away.

"Is everything okay?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, yeah."

Suddenly, calm music began to play. It was beautiful. Romantic.

"Would you...care to dance?" Henry took my other hand and placed it onto his shoulder.

"I'd love to," I smiled. He put his hand on my waist and we began to sway. We danced and danced. He spun me around in the air. I've never felt so happy with anyone. Slowly, he put me down, then I laid my head onto his chest as we kept moving from side to side.

"I really like you," Henry whispered. I took my head off his chest and looked him deep in the eye.

"I really like you too."