Anirudh's letter

Anirudh reached Kolkata ...his new abode is now in one of the lanes of North Kolkata a single room flat.binoy wanted to arrange a bunglow or a double stored building but Anirudh insisted to lead a simple life on his own worth.  He along with practising Baristery has applied for a guest lecturer in Presidency University ( casually if his joining for court gets delayed) . luckily he got appointed as a lecturer for political science and sociology in Presidency University .

It all took  hectic 2 weeks for Anirudh to settle down . It was a Sunday afternoon Anirudh was sitting on his sofa..( made of cane not velvet shining sofa they had in Roychoudhory mansion ) . It was a humid afternoon with no wind. It was stuffy inside the apartment. The zamindar heir was used to the cold  comfortable environment.  But Anirudh didn't show any sort of uncomfortable situation.  He looked around his apartment. His eyes was shining bright. It's a small abode he managed it was he who made it . not a Roy chowdhory Anirudh but an independent man who has entered a new phase of life.

''Bondita would have made this apartment beautiful if she was here "

He suddenly remembered , it has been 2 years 6 months he didn't send a letter to her.  He immediately stood up to go downstairs to call her hostel ( he didn't have a phone in his apartment so he has to go to downstairs to Mr. Chatterjee's place in oder to make a call. He realised it's Sunday 7Pm right now the hostel faculty will not entertain calls.

He sat down to write a letter

Dear Bondita ,

2 years 6 months 1 day has passed since I got to hear anything from you .  I know it was me who told you not to write till I send you first.

Hope you are in good spirits and going good with your studies. How is Sumati ma ? How is your new house ? Is thakuma taking good care of my Bondita ? Is she giving you rasgulla when you do something wonderful?

I want to tell you everything. 2 years have been a hell for me in Tulsipur . I constantly feared if they get to know about you and try to harm you . I have been threatened spied on . Those filthy people had made every attempt to get hold of you . For the 1st time I got scared. I better lose my life that seeing you being snatched and killed by these hooligans
. today I am so free to write you.  I have left Tulsipur and shifted to Kolkata . I have decided to practise law but now I got a job as a professor in Presidency college ..joining from tomorrow. Wish me luck bondu...your patibabu( then he scribbled the phrase and wrote sakha babu instead ) will start a new journey .

Now I can write you call you freely. Hope you are not angry at me Bondita.

Take care . note my new address and write letter to me. Eagerly waiting for your reply .

Yours Anirudh .

The next morning Anirudh posted the letter to the mail box before going  for his job. ( at that time there were no female students at presidency so basically I am considering it to be boy's college ) . The day went pretty well he introduced himself and spend his day interacting with students about what change they want to do in society. It was lunch break when he thought of calling Bondita ( because he estimated that the lunch time will be same in hostel as well)

He rang to the hostel (from the staffroom ) . Nun picked it up .

A - Good noon Madam . can I speak to Bondita Das.

Nun - yes wait a minute

Bondita came and picked the receiver with trembling hands.

Anirudh immediately felt her gasping ...he whispered. '' Bondita''

Bondita 's heart stopped upon hearing his voice . its been 2 years and innumerable days she is hearing Anirudh. Her ears were thirsty for hearing his voice ...now he is speaking to her.

A- Bondita ....Bondita in teary note.
Kamon acho babu ? ( how are you ? "Babu is term bengalis use to call their loved ones "

Bondita couldn't believe her ears....her sakha babu calling her babu so lovingly.

A- Bondita ? Tell me are you mad at me ?? Yes I know you should be ...I am the one who didn't contact you but I had no other choice. I have just shifted to Kolkata... Will tell you everything. Bondita ? Bondita are you listening ?

Bondita couldn't speak she didn't know what to say she was standing there quiet
. Everything was going out of her head.

A- Say something na Bondita..... I am dying to hear from you .

Anirudh looked at the clock only 2 mins left for recess to end .

A- Bondita only 2 mins left ....for the bell to ring. Have you eaten ? I am so sorry Bondita . I am keeping the phone for now. Will call you again . till them don't make a call to RC mansion. Take care Bondita

Anirudh sighed and kept the phone. He was feeling low....after returning home he laid down on the bed  thinking wasn't Bondita happy that I called her ? She must be angry . He imagined her swollen face she made when she was angry . A smile curved upon his lips . he got up and took another post card to write a letter . he very well knew it will take 2 days for his letter to reach but he felt like writing letters after letters to his Bondita.

In Dalhousie hostel

Bondita was lying down .Anirudh's voice eco in her mind . she was unable to sleep

" he came he spoke he went like a storm . no time for me . was he in a hurry ? Is he okay ...? And why did he shift to kolkata ??? And why on earth was I numb ..  Now what will he think of me ? Idiot Bondita huh .....there are so many questions to be answered ."

Bondita on realising she can't sleep got up and opened her diary to write about her feelings. .

Both of them stayed awake late night penning their thoughts to the paper.