Epilogue (Final)

Jeongguk didn't see Taehyung again at the airport. Whenever the dates for his flights were known, he either took time off or went to another gate. After hearing nothing from the idol for a year, Jeongguk had given up hope.

To make sure that it remains to have gotten over him, he doesn't want to meet the older again. That has worked really well so far, but on the 405th day after that night he suddenly receives a message from his work colleague.

'Hey someone asked for you and left a message for you.'

Jeongguk waits for his colleague to send it, but it doesn't seem like he's going to.

'Who was it and what is the message?'

Woojin has a mild type of autism. He can't do too demanding janitorial work, but was good at solving some really complicated things. Jeongguk immediately liked the boy, he became dear to him.

'Didn't say a name, only that you should be in VIP hotel room 113 in two hours.'

This can't be a coincidence, can it? It's the same room he was in with Taehyung. Jeongguk shakes his head, it's too late, he's over him.

'Is he still with you? If so, tell him I won't come.'

It's for the best. He definitely doesn't want to have his heart broken again, one time is enough. It took too long to heal, he wouldn't survive a second time.

'Is already gone. Will you come? Wanna see you.'

Jeongguk can imagine Woojin tilting his head to one side. He always does this when he wants to achieve something. He types the answer with a smile.

'Okay, I'll come and see you, but we're not going to this room. Do you want me to bring you some food?'

Woojin's favorite food is Jajangmyeon and Jeongguk knows that of course. When a short 'yes please' comes back as an answer, he immediately calls the restaurant from which he usually picks it up.

He doesn't use the same entrance to the airport hall as everyone else does. As an employee in the security service, to which he switched three months ago, it's possible for him to enter the building without being seen.

Jeongguk is absolutely certain that Taehyung sent him this message. There's no one he has ever come so close to again; emotionally. He doesn't want to meet him again.

His heart starts beating faster as Jeongguk realizes that he and the idol are so close and yet so far. Taehyung is probably waiting for him in the hotel room. Will find out very soon, however, that he won't come. Jeongguk changed his phone number two weeks ago and wanted to put an end on this part of his life. This also includes ruling out that Taehyung can ever contact him again.

Luckily the food is still hot when he meets Woojin in the secret hideout. "Enjoy it Woo." Jeongguk sits down next to the younger on the floor, knows that Woojin has mopped it beforehand; it's one of his habits to clean it up before touching. The two friends are often in this room, separated from the others, completely undisturbed.

"Thank you Jeong." Woojin is the only one who calls him that. Everyone who knows him always call him Gguk or Koo.

Jeongguk starts to eat with a hum, it would be pointless to wait until Woojin does it first.

Both enjoy the time together, even forget the reason why the security guard is not at work today and leave the room laughing after the snack.

"Jeongguk."

A voice that is still all too familiar to him makes Jeongguk freeze. He doesn't turn around, instead stares into space.

"I missed you, I have a lot to explain."