A little market

Sitting in my study, I thought how old the dress I was wearing was. I sighed "I need new clothes". I called my butler, Edward, up to my study and asked if we could go out to town. "yes m'lady" he spoke so gently... if I had to devour souls I would pick his first.

I am a half-demon but I am still very powerful. My father was the ruler of hell but gave me up when I was younger to keep me safe from people trying to take over his throne. I know demons supposedly don't have feelings but I believe they can feel something or my father would have kept me by his side, not afraid of losing me.

I stepped into the carriage thinking it would be my transport method to the ball this weekend. I was soon going to meet the queens other pet, her guard dog Ciel Phantomhive. I was worried as I can feel emotions but I'm not to scared.

"Are you ready m'lady" my sweet butler spoke " yes Edward we may leave now". we arrived In a small market which looked bustling with nobles and upper classed citizens. As I opened the door to my carriage myself, as I don't want my butler doing everything for me, I accidentally hit a tall man dressed like a butler who smelled of demon with the door. To the right of me I saw a boy of about thirteen I suspect the boy was his master "I'm sorry" I apologised in the most sincere manor. his master was laughing at the man I had just hit with the door "it's okay, you don't need to apologise, you just made my day I am Ciel Phantomhive, head of the Phantomhive manor, you are?"

The thought of who I just spoke to struck me. in my head I was freaking out I didn't know what to say "ah, your the Queen's guard dog. I do apologise again as we weren't supposed to meet until this weekend. I am lady Katherine Tarlington, head of the Tarlington manor and I'm the Queen's kitten". The butlers eyes shimmered pink for a few seconds when I said the word kitten. I don't trust him. I pivoted on my heal to face him "and what might your name be?" I extended my hand for him to shake I had my head up high and my eyes closed. I wasn't expecting it to happen. he raised my hand to his mouth and kissed it "I am Sebastian Michaelis, the butler of the Phantomhive manor m'lady. Might I just say you are truly beautiful" his seductive voice made me less anxious but the fact that my face was ruby red made me feel anxious in myself... I hate having a soul. I was going to go get my dress and I said a goodbye to Ciel and Sebastian and left to find the tailoring shop with my butler Edward.