Chapter Five: Weak

Grace hadn't called Chris the next morning. Instead, she decided on going home. To the one man, who despite leaving her alone, made her feel loved and secure.

She had spent the night tossing and turning in her old bed. It hadn't felt right knowing Chris wasn't getting into bed beside her. She had never felt so alone.

Rushing up the steps, Grace couldn't wait to step into the home she had built with Chris over the last while.

What she didn't expect, was Chris sitting in the living room, waiting for her to come home.

"Oh thank god," Chris breathed, getting to his feet and rushing to her, "I didn't think you'd come back today,"

Grace melted into his hold. Her arms securely wrapping around his waist, her head on his chest, his arms holding her tight against him.

"I missed you too much," Grace admitted, inhaling his scent and closing her eyes when her mind told her she was home.

Chris smiled, pressing a light kiss to the top of her head, he held her a little tighter.

"I missed you too, baby," Chris whispered, tilting her face to his so he could finally press his lips to hers.

***

"How was it at home?" Chris asked, sitting back on the couch, his arm around Grace as she relaxed back against his shoulder.

Chris handed her the glass of wine he had poured out for her before he got his own.

"Good... but I don't think it's really home anymore," she mused, setting the wine glass against her thigh and twirling it absentmindedly.

Chris frowned. He couldn't imagine going home to New York and it not feeling like home. He wanted to take Grace there on a trip soon.

"What do you mean, love?" Chris asked, his hand rubbing up and down her arm while she set her glass down and turned to face him fully.

"Because you weren't there... I didn't feel like I was safe or like I was even home?" She said, a questioning tone to the statement she had made.

"It felt like that here too," Chris agreed, kissing the top of her head again, rubbing his hand up and down her arm.

Grace took a breath, turning to face her boyfriend fully. This wasn't working out this way. And she knew he was busy. But their relationship shouldn't suffer because of it.

"We need to work on this," she said, setting her wine down, she knelt on the couch, "on us," she clarified.

Chris swallowed and nodded. He had been horrible. He had ignored her, spent more time in his office and away from her. It wasn't fair.

"I know. I'm sorry," he whispered leaning in and kissing her lips, he blindly set his glass down, "I love you baby,"

Grace smiled against his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck and sinking into his hold, "I love you more,"

***

Heavy breaths filled the room while Grace lay back against the pillows. Her body trying it's hardest to be pressed even further into Chris but his arm thrown across her stomach made her stop.

"Good girl," Chris said, coming up from between her legs. Her eyes were half shut in a haze. Her fingers twisted in the bed sheets while he moved to his knees.

He let her catch her breath. Watching her with such intensity that the fire in her stomach didn't burn out just because he wasn't touching her.

"Chris," she whimpered, twisting her head to the side, eyes squeezing shut as he teased her core with the head of his cock.