T W O

-years later-

-years later-

"OWW," Eren yelps when I take him down in training.

"You gotta stay light on your feet," I demonstrate, shifting my weight by slightly bouncing.

"I know," he whines when I help him up.

Next I check on Annie, who is really good for her age, quite a few years younger than me. We both dodge each others first couple swings. She attempts to do her signature move on me but I swung my leg around and swiped her legs from under. She landed with a thud.

"I should've known you would do that," she lets out a laugh before grabbing my leg to make me loose balance. I fall on her, and we laugh so hard our stomachs hurt.

"I see you girls are working hard," we stand up frantically to solute to se an instructor, Shadis. "Don't have to much fun," he winked before walking away. We look to each other and start laughing again, having to clutch my stomach.

-

After I flew away from my family that one day, years ago, I decided I wanted to join the military. Due to being older than the others, and my exceptional fighting, I only trained for about a year before becoming a garrison. I've been working to join the survey corps though. I want to help others, so they don't have to go through what I did. I have been helping train the new kids, who have an abnormal amount of drive.  They practiced hard for months now, but they don't know what it's like to actually fight. I've had to only fight a few small titans, but it's harsher than one could imagine. I couldn't have done anything without Hanji though, she's like an older sister to me.

"Please let me come!" I whine to Hanji.

"Your not allowed... yet," she tells me. "Who knows, if you follow your orders, you might be able to join the Corp meetings soon."

"Stop teasing," I punch friendly. I run away before she could do anything. "I'll save you a seat at dinner."

When running around a corner, I ran into a slightly taller figure, with neat black hair and a RBF.

"I apologize, captain Levi," I bow. He grunts and continues on his way. I watch him walk off before continuing, slower, to the dinning hall.

I've only encountered Captain Levi a few times whenever he returns from his expeditions. He is a very impressive soldier, but seems cold. Hanji says that's only a fasaude but I'm not sure. Either way he is captain of the survey corps so I don't want to mess up any chance I have of joining.

I grab some dinner when I get to the dinning hall and sit with some of my comrades. When Hanji joins, she tells me all I need to do is keep up what I'm doing.

"Wow," I say quietly, not trying to brag to others. I can't believe I could actually join the survey corps."

"Exiting, eh? It would be so fun for us to fight together." She said. I nod before taking a big bite out of my bread. The rest of dinner I eavesdropped on a conversation about a fight earlier between newcomers.