Ch1, The Arrival

Notes: please read the description for the warnings this is the only reminder yall will get now Enjoy our tall lady!!~~

 I turn my heat up as I shiver from the cold of the winter evening around me, and turn on the radio to distract me from how quiet it is on this road.

"God, I hate driving alone," I grumble to myself as I fiddle with my radio.

The radio spits for a minute but inevitably turns to static to show there's no signal.

"I know I should have bought a radio with a cd player but no, I had to go with a heating system that doesn't work anyway!" I yell at myself for being cheap. 

 I first came to Romania because of the culture and I'll admit, my love for cryptozoology. But here I am driving along icy mountain roads that twist and turn with no end. Why do you ask? Because working for a "Lady" in a castle sounded like a good idea, little did I know I'd be picked for the job. I thought from the handwritten letter from my new employer on the pretty parchment that it would be in the beautiful countryside. But this is Romania, and god I was so wrong. Think of a dreary monochrome wasteland of snow and tree branches. 

That's here. Speaking of which...

"And we're here!" Just then, I heard a Clank. "Wait...what the fuck?"

I get out of the car to check and see what's wrong and low and behold, I hit a rock and the fender is loose. I pop the hood to see if there's anything wrong and I'm greeted with a face full of smoke. "great the cars busted." I sigh and step back from the car with my head in my hands. I open my phone and check for a signal. Just my luck, no signal.  "Okay, Mabey someone in the village can help me."

~~Time skip~

As I'm walking down the road I see the village come into view. I walk up to the door of the house. It's a log cabin snow cakes the roof as to be expected. I knock on the door and wait; shivering, as the cold sets into my bones.  I hear a gruff male voice faintly shout  

"Elena get the door!"

"Alright!" I hear a young woman call back. The door opens and I see a young woman standing before me. Her hair is tied into a loose ponytail with wisps of her hair falling into her face, gently swaying with the breeze carrying the snow.

"oh my goodness you poor thing come inside and get warm." She steps aside to let me in and I thank her. "here let me get your coat, come sit by the hearth." 

"Elena! Who's at the door!" I hear the gruff voice call again just like at the door. I hear footsteps storm down the stairs as I sit down on the floor. 

"An Outsider! Elena what would Mother Miranda say! She'll endanger us all!" He shouts at Elena as she takes a step to the side as if she's shielding me from a monster. He starts hacking and coughing.

"Father, she'll be no trouble I promise she's just getting warm and she'll be on her way. Please." She plea's to the man.

"Fine! But don't come crying to me when Mother Miranda wishes your head as a trophy!" He starts another coughing fit and slumps back upstairs presumably to take a nap.

"Forgive my father this entire village is very private and doesn't take to kindly to strangers." She says handing me a nice warm cup of tea."Speaking of which. What brings you her stranger and what's your name?"

"I'm sorry,  where are my manners. I'm (Y/N), and I'm here as the new handmaid at castle dimitrescu." I say as I sip my tea.

"Castle Dimitrescu!?" She shouts nearly spiting her tea like in the movie.