1. Our Old Friend, Death

Zaya's pov:

I suddenly felt my body fall, as it lands in cold ocean water. My body immediately feels cold, too cold for any human to bare. I look up shaking, teeth clattering, I see my 18 year old brother Jaxon, looking down upon me, laughing.

As the water continues to engulf me with coldness, I start to feel completely numb. No pain in my lungs like I had felt 5 minutes ago. No coldness going through my body, nor am I fighting it anymore. I open my eyes once more to see Jaxon pointing a gun to me. I don't feel scared, I already know I'm not going to make it out alive in this night. He shoots me in the shoulder.

Dumbass missed my head

I then feel myself give into death, I close my eyes and let the cold ocean water to take my body and do what it wants. Like I said, I feel numb. . .

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up after what feels like an eternity, but I am an overdramatic girl. I realize i'm in a dark narrow space, it's not cold, its warm. There is carpet flooring. As well as something soft, warm, and fuzzy that I'm touching. I hear little footsteps, and as I'm hearing them the fuzzy thing moves.

It had startled me a lot.

I then hear the sound of a little girls voice.

TW this part does include abuse

"Mommy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spill my apple juice"

The next thing I hear makes my jaw clench. I hear the sound of a belt buckle hitting the carpet flooring. Then the sound of slaps, the belt hitting the girl.

"God, you disappointment of a child. I'm sick and tired of you being so fucking clumsy. Don't even think of getting out of this room at all."

"But mo-"

"No! Shut your tiny mouth"

The mother had left the room, and the little girl sat on the floor crying. I hesitated to open the door of the space I had been in, but I heard muffled choking. I opened the door to her bleeding, crying, coughing, and having bruises on her, with ones forming.

I then see the fuzzy thing that I had felt, it was a cat. I'm not a big fan of cats but this one looked like a baby Lynx, its cute, I can't lie.

I walked to her, as she looked up at me and said to me in a raspy voice "There you w-were." I looked at the child in confusion. What did she mean? She then coughed up blood, I knew that would happen.

I walked to her, and sat her up. She felt and looked so weak. I am wondering how many beatings this poor baby took. I walked out the room to get her water, her mom didn't see me. That's weird I made some noise too. I gave her the water and cleaned her up. She didn't look any older than 4. With that being said I have to check the date.

Monday, May 10th, 2021 10:00 am

Damn, it wasn't an eternity after all, its just the day after my brother killed me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, I'm a new author, so I'm sorry if this chapter doesn't sound too good, and I'm sorry if I hit a sensitive spot for people.

I hope you readers do like this book, I feel confident about this, but at the same time I'm scared to be making this. Anyways, if you guys have any suggestions for future chapters please tell me.

Goodbye <3