Chapter 1

In the large and empty hall, only Mo Yuan remained behind as the immortal sect invaded his realm. Even if he escaped, it would be useless. They would hunt him to the end of the earth if they have too, to see him dead.

"Master, you must escape!"

He was wrong. Maybe he wasn't the only one left behind.

"Escape where?" Mo Yuan chuckled. "We both know even if I escape, they will continue to hunt me until I am dead."

With many of the demonic sects disbanded and scattered into hiding, no one can stop the cultivators that will soon march into this palace.

"But-"

Mo Yuan raised his hand, not wanting to hear it anymore.

Li Cheng is a good person, maybe too good that he doesn't belong to the demon sect. He always put his master above himself. A good lad.

"Li Cheng, my time is coming." Mo Yuan told him. "It won't be long before..."

Mo Yuan didn't have to finish as Li Cheng already understood it.

Many years ago, to obtain power he killed his master who cursed him before his death.

His power will be his undoing.

He would have died a long time ago but Mo Yuan managed to find some loopholes and lived this long.

Before long, he abandoned the righteousness of cultivators and walked down the path of evil, thus becoming a demonic cultivator.

And in the end, he kidnapped Yan Jing to be his 'companion'.

"Did you send Yan Jing my letter?"

It was a simple letter with nothing but a place where Mo Yuan wanted to meet him one last time.

"Yes."

Mo Yuan forced himself to rise up from his seat and open a portal leading to that small wooden hut, hidden deep in the forest.

Before stepping into the portal, he gave Li Cheng one last pat on the head.

"Thank you for everything." It is one of those rare moments that Mo Yuan would show his kindness. With an ounce left of his power, he opened another portal and lightly kicked Li Cheng into it.

Consider it as a payment for being loyal to Mo Yuan for so long.

"Master-" Before Li Cheng can get up and chase after Mo Yuan, Mo Yuan quickly closes the portals in front of him. Then Mo Yuan turned, without looking back and made his way to that small wooden hut.

It was still the same hut as many years ago but with overgrown vegetation.

No one was here. In the end, Yan Jing didn't come.

Or perhaps he thought this is just one of Mo Yuan tricks.

It doesn't matter anymore though.

When the time comes, he would already be dead, turned into dust with nothing intact.

Mo Yuan supported himself as he made his way inside.

Old furniture still remains, covered by many years of dust.

In his head, he sees flashes of his childhood memories of his days in this tiny hut before being taken away after his mother died.

The place where his mother laid and died still remains.

"You will die all alone like me."

He once told himself, he wouldn't. But look at him now.