[2] Auralee

"What kind of car are you going to get," Isabella asked, while glancing over to me. She was now driving me to King Auto, a used car dealership near her apartment. After speaking with Angela, I was quick to call Isabella and ask her if she could take me to the nearest car dealership. She was quick to oblige, seeing as she had been prying me to get a new car for as long as I can remember.

"I'm not really sure," I respond. "Maybe a Honda," I say, coming out more of a question than a statement. "Well," she starts, "the Honda you have now, has being in use well over a decade, so I'd say if you want liability, then that would be your best bet, right," she says almost apprehensively.

On instinct, I shrug. A car is a car in my opinion; as long as it's taking you from point A to point B, that's all that matters, hence the reason I'm getting a used car. There's no point in spending a third over the amount of a used car for a new car, just to say you're the first to drive in it. As long as no one was killed in it, I'm fine.

Turning my head to Isabella, I start, "I was looking at a 2018 model a few weeks back that I liked- maybe I could see if they have that one."

"Won't the dealership make you put down a large payment since it's a newer model," she asks glancing over to me. "Probably," I say nonchalantly.

"How much were you going to put down," she inquires. She's definitely going to flip once she finds out I finally used some of the money from my dad.

"Ten grand," I respond in a tone where you'd think I was talking about the weather.

"TEN GRAND," she exclaims, "where'd you get that from?!"

Deciding to play with her a little, I say while smirking, "I got a sugar daddy."

"Bullshit," she scoffs, "where is it from?" She questions again.

"My dad," I respond, shrugging once again.

I felt the car jerk slightly, as I look over to Isabella while I grab on to the dashboard, with her big brown doe eyes staring back at me. "You what," she asks, swiftly turning her head back towards the road.

"If you keep driving like that, I won't be alive to use the money yet," I scowl as I calm my breathing. Fuck, I really don't want to get in a wreck today.

"Well excuse me for being surprised that you finally got that stick of pride out of your ass," she scolds. Isabella has always known about the money that I acquired from my dad's death, and even though she's my best friend, I personally don't feel comfortable sharing exactly how much is in that account- hell, I'm barely even comfortable knowing how much is in that account.

"And excuse me for not wanting to profit off of someone's death," I snap back in a sarcastic manner.

"I understand that, but from what you've told me about your dad, I'm sure he would at least want you to have something more reliable, to assist you in making your commute to and from work." All I could do was cross my arms and think, because I know she was right. My excuse for the 2006 Honda was always that "it would make it one more day," or "it still works like a charm," but deep down, it was because that car housed most of my favorite memories; when my dad would pick me up from softball practice, him taking me on my first date, him gifting it to me on my sixteenth birthday, and so many more memories.

Now that I think about it, what am I even supposed to do with that car?

[+++]

Stepping out of Isabella's car, I make sure to grab my phone, shades and purse. Dropping everything into the brown tote, I turn to my bestfriend, "thanks for bringing me here." She smiles softly, "no problem."