On the other side of the globe

"I'm sinking to the darkest depth of the ocean." 

--

Oslo, Norway. GMT +2. 

11 p.m: I wonder if my family has already gone to bed. Looks like, because it's already 4 a.m there. 

12 a.m: *solving my exercises

...

3 a.m: *still solving my exercises 

3.30 a.m: too tired so time for bed, I looked out at the window, saw that everything was sleeping  

4 a.m: couldn't sleep, so I turned on my gaming mode, battling with my phone

4.10 a.m: *watching YouTube videos, games are fun but I wasn't in the mood

4.40 a.m: *staring at the ceiling

5 a.m: looks like I should skip sleeping for today, the night hadn't gone away but...

5.10 a.m: definitely

5.11 a.m: I don't want to though, it's gonna be a long day at university, I will sleep during classes

5.20 a.m: but I couldn't sleep... What should I do? Should I watch something? Or read something? 

5.30 a.m: *getting back on my exercises and solve extra exercises to get more points 

7 a.m: *washed my face and go to the basketball court

Well, I was playing alone, and not so alone because I had the ball with me. And to me, that was enough. Usually, at this time of the year, October, no one really plays outside anymore. And it gets much quieter on the streets, bikers, and walkers alike. It was 2 degrees Celsius at the moment. The dawn hadn't yet to arrive, so no wonder why the streets were still sleeping. Everything was at a freezing point, nothing actually moved around me, except the air. It was nice playing outside in August or in the summer generally. Since September, fewer people get their faces seen, and in October, it seemed to me that things prepare to go into long winter hibernation. 

 I was surprised myself because I didn't feel tired. At least, at this moment, It's kinda hot and I was sweating a bit. My scoring from the free-throw line was getting more precise. 

Students started to pass by the basketball court, so I prepared to leave. One last ball. 

"Hey! You're pretty good!" 

Oh. It was the high school boy who has been sitting on the bench near the court. He looked surprisingly funky and "rock" with the bright yellow hair, which didn't look natural one bit, I wondered whether he used the cheapest hair dye. Although it's quite common for nordmenn (Norwegian) to have blonde hair and blue eyes. 

"Oh? Is that so? Thank you! Takk*!"

*Takk: thank you in Norwegian

The high school boy stood up. He's pretty tall and slim, and I got to admit, his presence was pretty overwhelming and quite... like it's a bit difficult to explain, I found it dominant and low-key intimidating.  

"You're pretty tall too" he said to me with an admiring voice. 

"Well, yeah" I didn't really understand where this conversation was going and whether it's of any use to me. 

"Hmm, can I try one?"

The boy walked to me, leaving his bag behind. He didn't wear any coat, jacket, or sweatshirt. I'd always known that Norwegian people are famous for their monstrous endurance of the cold, even so, it's insane. 

"Sure!" and I threw the ball to him. He caught it cleanly. This guy knew what he's doing. 

He stood there in front of the free-throw line, his hand position was a bit odd to me, it's as if he was holding the ball at the bottom. If it were me, I would find it a bit unstable. His starting position was a bit weird because his feet were standing equally right at the line.