-1-

Taehyung stepped out of his car, told his driver to meet him here twenty minutes later and then headed towards the restaurant which had Mizzo written in cursive gold lettering. It was late evening now, around half past seven. Families and couples were out at this time, for early dinners or walks. 

Compared to the people around him, Taehyung did seem overdressed- with his suit and tie, but the people inside Mizzo's will probably be dressed like him.

A woman behind a podium-like table, dressed in a white shirt and black pencil skirt (the restaurants' uniform) smiles at him.

"Hello sir. Table for one?"

Taehyung shakes his head. "No, I have a reservation for a private dining room. By the name Kim Taehyung".

The lady flips through her register. "Yes, sir. A lady has already arrived and is inside now. Follow me".

They walk inside the five star restaurant- known more for its ambience than food. Taehyung had stopped going to restaurants about a year ago- when he had started dating a man who made better dishes than any Michelin starred restaurant ever could. His food used to taste like comfort and warmth.

But they had broken up and Taehyung hadn't known how to cook so restaurants and takeouts had become familiar to him within a day span.

Golden chandeliers hang from the ceiling above- there is a distinctive smell of sizzlers and soy sauce around the restaurant. Due to its expensive price, the people inside are posh and sophisticated. There is a minimum amount of noise and not much chatter.

The woman who had been leading him, stops in front of a room covered with lilac blue curtains. "This is your requested room sir. A waiter shall be coming shortly, if the lady inside hasn't ordered already".

Taehyung thanks her and goes inside.

Sure enough, there is his girlfriend- Jennie, sitting on the sofa, scrolling through her phone. She looks up when Taehyung enters and her face breaks into a smile. "Ah, Taehyung! You arrived. You are late, did you know?"

She could have waited for Taehyung to sit, at least.

"Yes, I know. I am sorry. Got caught up with some work". Taehyung takes his seat and then flips through the menu in front of him. "Have you ordered?"

"Yes, I have. For you too. Roasted chicken as well as some pork, you have no problem with that right? I asked for some wine as well. And oh, I already had some soup and fish". Jennie says, motioning to the empty bowl and plate on the table.

Even if Taehyung minded, he wouldn't say anything.

"I am glad you got yourself some food and no, I have no problem with what you ordered".

A silence falls upon them.

Most of their dates went like this- ordering food and letting the activity of chewing and digesting make them forget the fact that they hardly talked.

Neither of them were talkers. And no one ever bothered to question the silence between them.

The only time where the silence wasn't felt was during the nights, when Taehyung was inside her. That was the only time when Taehyung actually appreciated the silence.

Two waiters come inside- one takes away the finished dishes from the table while the other sets down the new ones.

Holding his fork, Taehyung starts to dig in.

It takes about fifteen minutes for them both to finish and a seductive glance from Jennie before Taehyung is beside the girl, lips on hers.

This was what he was supposed to do. Make out with a girl.

But this wasn't just any girl. It was his own girlfriend. Except, Taehyung didn't feel anything while kissing Jennie or while having sex with her. Not even pleasure. It felt like a chore Taehyung had to do- like brushing his teeth or washing his face.

Coming to a conclusion that there must be something wrong if the time had come where kissing seemed like brushing his teeth.

Jennie starts to deepen the kiss, involving the tongue now- which makes Taehyung pull away.

The girl frowns, lips still wet and lust clearly in her eyes. "What's wrong? Do you want to go back home and continue?"

Taehyung shakes his head.

The fact was that he didn't want to continue the kiss. He didn't want to continue with more dates like this, where the silence was more prominent than the love. He didn't want to continue this relationship.

"I think we should break up". He murmurs, eyes down.

And Taehyung should be used to this.

The shocked look on Jennie's face, her hands falling from Taehyung's shoulders, confusion in her eyes.

He should be expecting the wine thrown at his face from the glass, red liquid ruining his Gucci suit.

He should know that Jennie would curse him and call him an asshole and a good for nothing before proceeding to walk out.

After all, this isn't the first time he has broken up with someone. This was his fourth girlfriend within three months- that should say a lot.

Something just seemed to lack within his relationships. Understanding, a spark, love. None of them felt like the kind of feeling he used to hear about. His grandmother's stories, then his mother's, then his aunt's. His just felt boring. As if it were a relationship with a business colleague rather than a romantic partner.

Yet, he tried to make the most of it, to try to figure out what he could do to make this weird feeling change, but none of his relationships stayed long enough for Taehyung to figure out what was wrong.

 Most of the times, Taehyung knew that he had no one else to blame but him.

A/N:

Thank you for picking up this book and giving it a try. I hope you will stay till the end of the journey and like the content.

Stay safe, healthy and happy.

Love you!

💜🌈💜