Chapter Nineteen

America's POV:

We have school today, which I'm somewhat excited for but also on edge. We have no idea where Ryan and his coven are. So the whole family is jittery. But, and I firmly believe, think my powers are coming. I felt different when I woke up this morning.

So, now I'm guarded by a coven and a slayer. But I can only see Taylor throughout the day. And if Ryan and his buddies happen to find us alone, bottom line, we're fucked. So I'm watching the doors all day today. I'm not taking any chances with a complete maniac stalking me.

"Ryan was never welcomed here in the first place. I should've left that deer alone to die for him. He wouldn't've known she's here." Damien speaks angrily. I tell him to let it go. Taylor agrees with me. "Don't let him get to your head. It's what he wants."

"Kinda hard to when he already has." Damien replies. Shockingly, Taylor has remained calm, calmer than Damien. Which is still confusing me. I shrug it off as we reach the school. Lexi runs up and gives me a gigantic hug.

Laughing, I hug the girls and walk with them. Taylor and I kiss before we enter the class. We drop our binders off and walk to our lunch-time hangout spot. I sit down, being that there's still a few minutes till class starts.

"How was your weekend, America?" Sadie questions me. I sneak a peek at Taylor and say, "Fucking amazing."

Damien's POV:

I laugh in my thoughts at America's comment. Noah, Taylor, Brady and I are talking while the girls are. I immediately think of Emily. I miss my girl, mostly because she keeps my mind off other chicks. But I can't do nothing.

The bell rings and we all separate to our classes. America will be safe. There's at least five other vampires in that class. In total, there's about fifty vamps in the school. So I imagine she'll be fine. I have science first. I walk in before the teacher can call my name. "Damien. How nice of you to be on time."

I grin smugly and think of something that I can't really say out loud. 'You cannot imagine the immensity of the fuck I do not give.'

Taylor's POV:

Social seemed to drag on forever. But I had my other half to entertain me. Our desks are in pairs now, so I sat beside my baby. We held hands secretly and talked through our thoughts. Some of her comments I had trouble holding in my laugh.

Dismissed at the bell, we make our way to English. Again, we sat beside each other to entertain ourselves and to protect her. We're watching a movie, so there's really no need to pay attention. We give little kisses here and there but we mostly whispered to each other.

Lunch came sooner than expected. We dropped off our binders and headed to our stake out. "I'm beat. I just wanna sleep." America says while yawns. "I'll take watch. You go ahead." I sat down with her cuddled against my chest.

She fell asleep quite quickly. But I felt a shift in her blood. She seemed stronger, mentally and physically. I haven't noticed when we've slept. So maybe she's changed. I light up. Her powers. They've finally come. And in time too. Only five days till the fight.

That will be the day I fight for what's mine. My life, my family and my mate.

WASSUP!?!?!? How's it goin my soldiers? Sorry I haven't updated sooner. I got busy on the weekend playing CoD: Black Ops ||, lol. Well there's another chapter for ya. Next one will be out soon^_^