chapter 1: the messages

it was another sunny breezy day, as always. i mean cmon, it was summer, so what would you expect? "when are you coming over tonight?" questioned polly, holding her phone in her hand ready to write on her calendar. "wednesday, don't forget, or you know my mom will be angry. She loves you more than me." Replied Cupid, closing the curtains. "But will you be there? For me?" Cupid turned her head around, looking at polly, "I'll be there, now stop bothering me about it before I lose my chill." Cupid said, her hands getting tense. She went downstairs and turned the kettle on ready to make some tea. "Cupid?" Polly said, almost tripping on the toys Cupid's baby brother left out, "when can I come back here and see you again?" Cupid didn't reply because she was too busy getting food. The kettle blocked Polly's voice reaching Cupid's ears. "Did you say something?" Polly couldn't hear Cupid either. Why was that kettle so loud? Nobody really knows to be honest, it was there ever since the house was made, well, at least they got a free kettle so they didn't have to waste money on a new one. Even though it was made 100 years ago, it was still perfectly making tea and coffee for Cupid and her parents. Of course Cupid didn't always care for her parents, she sometimes cared about herself, but she mostly cared about her family and polly. Polly was the only closest friend she has. Her other friend, Lilly, was quite rude to everyone. She always carried a small bag filled with white powder, I'm not sure it was powder, it looked like sugar, I'm sure it tastes nice if she carries it around everywhere with her. She sniffs it sometimes like she thinks it's a herb. "If it's actually a herb..then I want to smell it too!" Cupid thought, walking to school in her fancy black jeans and oversized jacket. "Hey! Lilly!" She shouted, running towards Lilly, giving her a tight hug. "What? What do you want?" Said Lilly. "I want to smell your sugar-like herbs!" She knew exactly what Cupid meant, giving her the small bag. Cupid sniffed, and as soon as she did, she passed out, waking up inside of school, sitting on her chair. "Mm... what happened?" She looked up to see Lilly sniffing the herbs with a weird straw. "Psst...Lilly.." she whispered. Lilly looked up to see that Cupid has pink eye. "Oh my god..."