Finale: 35

A final farewell my lovelies with Shay  <3 and a trigger warning for gore!

-Stay Kawaii<3

-FantasyRainbow8

-------------------------------

When I land in a field of dying grass, I search the area to find the once proud village now burned to ash.

I could not find any remains, thankfully, but knowing Skyler's kin, they must have ventured from home. Which leaves a hallowing ache in my very bones.

 As I follow the gravel path, it leads to an opening to a cave that is covered in flowing vines.

As I enter, my body trembles with each step I take, with a feeling of never ending doom.

The once smaller portal has expanded to nearly double the original size.

"What happened?" I shutter as I reach for some purple particles that dance in the heated air.

Just beyond the realm of nightmares, I clutch the dagger against my chest, "I am Shay Ro'Meave and I will not be afraid."

With a final glance around the barren room, I close my eyes as I step through the portal.

The familiar hisses of the Nether scorpions to the howl of the empty breeze of this hell fills my senses.

As the purple mist takes hold, all the overwhelming doubts are squashed by the sight of the I saw.

Endless bodies lay in the dusty ground, with limbs torn and heads missing.

An acidic flavour fills my mouth as I search the area, seeking any breathing Shadow Knights.

All I view is the blood-soaked Netherrack, and weapons sizzling in the lava nearby.

Behind, a loathing voice howls with rage, with the distinct sound of a hunter charging toward its prey.

Before I could see the person, a searing tear dulls my senses as two heavy thuds echo in the empty chamber.

Brown and grey feathers litter the ground, one after the other I view my freedom slip to nothingness.

"What are you doing here, whore?" That man growls, his flaming eyes show only an unholy evil.

Glancing over my shoulder I examine the person, I see the man I once loved with all my heart was coated in crimson red, with shredded armour and cuts lining his exposed, tan skin.

"Laurence," I murmur his name as I stumble for anything to hold my weight.

His once firey rage, has cooled to small embers as he takes my hand, his fingers dwarfing mine.

"What have I done...?" Laurence's voice cracks as he asks those foolish words.

"Laurence," I look up to see a hint of blue eyes returning to us, "Please-."

"Shay, oh Irene, Shay," he forces his out, as tears begin to flow freely.

"Garroth, Dante and Katelyn," his words wander as his grip tightens, his breath hot against my cheek.

I surrender to the Nether floor below us, a final rush of blood leads to my mind becoming blank, falling to an unknown darkness.

Am I truly free?