iii - Give you everything you've been dreaming of

Third person POV 

The spongy, yet brittle ground underneath the two wanderers succumbs to their hesitant footsteps. They've been walking through the dimly lit path for a few minutes, and everything around them looks the same. They could be moving in circles and they wouldn't know. 

No words are exchanged by the two. Their main focus seemed to be getting as far away from home as possible, and going about without a trace. 

Drew takes the time to examine the villager thoroughly. Her hair flows with the wind, hanging from her face effortlessly. She must have a terrifically arduous hair routine. 

A bulgy hat, seeming to want to come off her head with every step she takes. She wears a scarf that definitely could be wrapped around her neck several more times. It flaps behind her, like untamed hair on a windy day. 

The flowers around the two wanderers seem to glow as they advance them, as if they were some sort of princes that brought plants to life when they take a single step. Some of them are on the ground, some connected to tree branches. 

"Listen, Hailey..." 

She turns around, a questioning smile on her face as she waits for him to continue. 

"Why are you helping me? You probably have a life in the villages, and you're just throwing that out for me." 

She gives a dismissive scoff, as if the question wasn't important. "I've done this before. I'll get back home by the morning." 

"But, what is it that you're doing exactly?" 

"Easy, silly. I send you to a place that you're destined to be. Help you leave the place that you need to get away from." 

Drew stops walking, cornering her into an answer. "But even so... why do you do this?" 

She thinks for a moment, composing an answer that leave him satisfied. 

"I'm in it for the adventure. Life is boring with its routines and its priorities. Out here, it's do whatever you want, and have a good time doing it. That's how I live when I'm not confined to reality." 

She pauses once more, "I'm assuming you want some of that, too." 

He gives a slow nod, looking at the bow in his hands. He didn't know what it was about her, but there was something familiar with Hailey, something that the prince couldn't point out. 

"Alright, we've done enough dilly-dallying." She grips his hand, once again commencing their journey. 

"Come on, we've got a dream to catch!" 

For a moment, her eyes begin to glow with a subdued, cozy glow

For a moment, her eyes begin to glow with a subdued, cozy glow. For a moment, Drew begins to realize what Hailey's true intentions could be. 

Everything was piecing together in his mind, and his feet lock to the ground in fear. She gently tugs on his hand, a playful smile on her face as she lets her hand go from his and directly faces him.