"Mind if I sit?" She snapped her head towards me before smiling and patting the spot next to her. 

"So Mr. Styles, what brings you to the canyons?" She asked, tilting her head looking at the guitar in my hands. "I can't finish this song" I blushed looking down at my fingers avoiding her tender gaze.

"Maybe I could help? Can I hear what you have so far?" I looked up at her and shook my head. 

"But it's embarrassing" She threw her back and laughed "Is it a song about your underwear?" I shook my head chucking, she shrugged "then nothing to be embarrassed about".

I started the upbeat strumming and I watched as her eyes immediately lit up. "Gotta see it to believe it, sky never looked so blue, so hard to leave it, that's what I always do, so I keep thinking back to a time under the canyon moon" I stopped the strumming and she giggled. "That's great Styles! I'm honored our meeting left such an impact!" I laughed and shook my head.

She reached for her pocket, pulling out her phone and opening voice memo. "I have an idea, do you mind playing it again?" I agreed and placed my hands on the cords and started from the beginning. 

"Gotta see it to believe it, sky never looked so blue, so hard to leave it, that's what I always do, so I keep thinking back to a time under the canyon moon" she smiled as I continued to strum the chords as per her request.

"The world's happy waiting, playing the familiar tune, I heard Jenny saying "Go get the kids from school" And I keep thinking back to a time under the canyon moon" 

She shut her eyes in concentration. I listened as her angelic voice rang through my ears. Without thinking I continued to sing "I'll be gone too long from you" I sang as she smiled ushering me to continue.

"Staring at the ceiling, two weeks and I'll be home, carry the feeling, through Paris, all through Rome, and I'm still thinking back to, a time under the canyon moon" she thought for a second before I slowed the strums down, before I could stop she shook her head. 

"No keep going!" I smiled and kept the steady pace.

"I'm going, oh, I'm going I'm going, oh, I'm going I'm going, oh, I'm going home" She stopped and I bopped my head slowly continuing what she started. "I'm going, oh, I'm going I'm going, oh, I'm going I'm going, oh, I'm going home" I think back to the night and I remember our conversation in the car.

"Quick pause in conversation, she plays songs I've never heard" I paused for a second and she jumped in "An old lover's hippie music, pretends not to know the words".

Her face heats up as we make eye contact and sing the words in sync. "and I'm still thinking back to, a time under the canyon moon"

My strumming comes to a halt as I keep eye contact with her. Her gaze falters looking between my lips and my eyes. I swipe my tongue across my bottom lip as she slowly inches forward. I inch forward till our noses brush together. 

"Can I kiss you?" I whispered looking down at her plump lips