Chapter 14.

Jamila POV

It was the night of the carnival, and honestly, I didn't feel like going out at all. But I guess since I told Carlos yes, I'll just go. I got dressed, and I decided leaving my hair down would look good with my outfit. I did light makeup, some lashes, and lip gloss, and I was ready for this night out.

 I did light makeup, some lashes, and lip gloss, and I was ready for this night out

Jamilas outfit ^

I texted Carlos, letting him know he doesn't need to pick me up, so I'll drive myself in case the night goes sideways, etc. I head downstairs, text Steph, letting her know I'll be on the way. I leave my house, get into my car, and head to the carnival.

I arrive at the carnival in one piece. I look around, and it's packed. I spot Steph stuffing her face with a funnel coated with powdered sugar. I walk over, and Carlos walks up to me.

"Hey," I say to him.

"Hey, princess," he says with a smirk plastered on his face.

"You made it, sexy," Steph says, smiling at me.

"I did. Are you ready to get on rides?" I ask them.

"Yeah, Eli is just running back to the car to get his AirPods," Steph says.

I look around and spot Trey with that girl from the picture, but he's not looking at her; he's glaring at Carlos. If looks could kill, Carlos would be dead already. I glance back over, and Eli finally comes back.

"Alright, everyone has their wristbands?" I ask.

They all say yeah, and we head over to the rides. I wouldn't think they would go all out for one damn carnival, but I guess since it's our senior year, and we're about to graduate, it's worth it.

"I'm going to the booths first, okay?" I say to them.

"I'll come with," Carlos says, making me smile.

"Okay, me and Eli are gonna get on the Ferris wheel. Meet back up here after," Steph says.

"Okay," I reply.

Me and Carlos start going to the booths, and I notice him looking at the basketball one.

"Let's go to the basketball booth," I say, which makes him smile.

"Let's see who can get the highest score" he says. 

I let him go first so that I could go last and see what his score is. After a few minutes, he got a total of 75 points—what the fuck.

"Your turn," he says, smirking at me.

"I'm gonna lose," I say, laughing.

"No, you're not. I'll help you," he says.

He steps closely behind me, places the ball in my hand, and positions my arms. I throw it, and surprisingly, I make it. I'm shocked.

"Oh, shit," I say with widened eyes.