Chapter 11

Jungkook's POV

Taehyung told me that I should prepare myself for tonight; at first, I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but my instincts told me that it had something to do with what we talked about two nights ago. The feeling of excitement and expectancy filled me up as I waited for him to come for me. In a few hours, I'll be a part of a family.....a real family. I didn't care what I had to do to be with them. I trusted them and I knew they would never hurt me the way she did.

Flashback
{trigger warning ⚠️}

"Put the fucking dress on, Jungkook!" She spat as she dragged my body across the floor.

"I d-don't want t-to," I whimpered, voice barely audible.

"This is why your dad left us. Not only did you come out as a boy, but you can't listen to simple instructions."

"Mom-," I felt a harsh slap across my face before I was able to continue.

"I don't get why this is so hard. You already act like a bitch, so you need to fucking dress like one," she laughed, gripping my hair to pull towards her, "you need to be punished, bitch."

"WAIT! P-please don't. I-I'm sorry I'll listen."

"I don't give a shit."

With that, she wrapped a chain around my neck and dragged me into the unilluminated, numbing room. The suffocating feeling had overtaken me as she plunged my head into the bucket of water. I struggled beneath her grip, but it only worsened the feeling of being submerged in water unwillingly. Once she felt satisfied, she pulled me up and threw me onto the floor with my back facing her. I desperately gasp for air, but before I was able to catch myself, a severe pain had jolted through my body as a whip was harshly slashed across my back.

"s-st-o-p."

"SHUT UP!!!" Another lash was placed on my wet back, "you deserve this. You caused this. You caused our family to fall apart. We prayed and prayed for a girl, but you took her from us. "

What felt like hours of being tortured, she finally left the room. Of course, I was still chained, naked, and cold inside the ominous room. Even though the bucket of water was long gone, I still felt like I was drowning, the suffocating feeling only I was left to feel. I had no strength left in me to get up, in fact, I didn't want to get up. I was exhausted. I no longer wanted to fight for the oxygen I craved so much for if it meant that I would continue to feel like this. I needed someone; I needed a saviour.

{end of flashback}

"Jungkook?" A voice called out to me.

"Tae, hey." Without another word, he quickly embraced me into a warm hug. I was taken aback by his action but quickly returned it. We stayed like that for a while before he pulled away.

"Are you okay?" he questioned as he caressed my face.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?"

"When I came in you were zoned out, but you were crying."

"I was? I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's okay. Was it because of today? If you're scared we could always reschedule, it's-"

"Taehyung, I'm okay. I want this," I cupped his cheeks as I reassured him. I could see in his eyes that he was worried about me, but he gave me a smile and lead me out of the room. Once we were in front of the room, Taehyung's grip on my hand had tightened, sensing that I was nervous.