ii.

he sees it when they're in a different world. it's a world where the grass leaves kisses around his bare ankles, and the cold breeze fills him up and wraps itself around him, whispering wishes onto his skin.

the sun dusts taehyung with constellations of freckles, like promises all over his cheeks and face, and when he takes off his shirt, the bruises, the freckles, and dark moles merge together, creating entire galaxies on his back.

(the stars never really seemed so out of reach, anyway.)

namjoon asks if he could trace the constellations with his blue pen.

"only if you'll let me do yours in return."

when it's taehyung's turn, he doesn't draw on namjoon. he writes. namjoon asks him to read it aloud, but taehyung sits in front of him and recites.

it's beautiful and long, but taehyung's mouth is a distraction that prevents him from listening. how can he listen when all this potential is spilling?

(how can he listen when all he sees is a beautiful mouth, constellations on cheeks, and tired eyes?)

he sees it; taehyung has potential.

(in this different world where boys get to be boys, taehyung writes poetry and lyrics, and namjoon knows it. in a different world where boys get to be men, everyone knows it.)