The Letters

Gabrielle Weasley had known about her disease. So she wrote letters to her family, just in case. She did think she had more time so she didn't put everything that she wanted to say in the letters. But she put them under her pillow.

Ginny Weasley was laying in bed shaking from crying so much and loss of sleep. She decided that she might be able to sleep in her sister's bed. Ginny picked up Gabby's pillow to adjust it, that's when she saw 11 letters tied together with a ribbon. Ginny picked up the stack and examined it. She slowly untied the string and noticed that the letter on top was addressed to her. Ginny read the letter.

Heart wrenching sobs. 

Molly Weasley ran as fast as she could to Ginny and Gabby's room, wait- no, just Ginny's room now, Arthur was on her tail. All of Ginny's brothers had beaten Molly to the room, but Molly pushed through the room and saw her daughter holding a paper and shaking from sobs. 

"Ginny? Darling, what's wrong?" Molly sat next to her daughter and pulled her into a hug.

Ginny struggled to speak so she just pointed a shaky finger at the pile of letters sitting on the bed. Arthur picked them up.

"They're from Gabby." Arthurs voice was scratchy and his nose was stuffy from him overworking himself. As Arthur passed out the letters each sibling stiffened as they were handed theirs. As each of them read their own letters, everyone began to cry. Charlie was the first to cry, followed by Ron, then George, Bill, Molly, Fred, Arthur, Percy, and Ginny too. Percy managed to collect himself and he noticed the three letters sitting unopened addressed to Hermione, Cedric, and Harry.

"I'll be right back." Percy mumbled. He went downstairs and wrote a letter to Dumbledore asking him to send Harry, Hermione, and Cedric to the burrow. Percy had gotten a newer, faster owl so it shouldn't be long until they arrived. Meanwhile Percy sat at the kitchen table and stared.

I miss you sissy.
Why'd you have to leave?
I shouldn't have left.
I'm sorry.
I'll never leave again.

As thoughts raced around in Percy's head Cedric appeared through the fireplace and he and Percy made eye contact. Cedric's tear-stained face was full of sorrow, but he showed little emotion. Behind Cedric stood Hermione, she held a book and Percy could just make out the title. How to deal with grief. Next to Hermione was Harry, who looked really paranoid.

"I thought you guys might want these." Percy handed each of them their respectful letters. "Gabby wrote them," Cedric opened his first. 

More heart wrenching sobs.

The End! I hope you enjoyed the story!