~Chapter 1~

I can't believe those words just came out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry about your mom."

What the hell is he talking about?

"What are you talking about, Jackson?"

"Oh my god, Raylee, I'm so sorry, I-I thought you knew."

"You thought I knew WHAT?!"

"Well, I don't think I should be the one to tell you..."

"I swear, if you don't fucking tell what I need to know about my mom-"

"Ok, ok i' ll tell you. This morning while i was getting ready, the news was on, and well, Raylee your mom's in the hospital. Some driver slammed straight into her car this morning. They don't know if she's going to make it. I'm so sorry Ray.

So, my dad' s gone, and never coming back, and my mom' s on the verge of death

My life just fell apart before my own eyes.

"Where did the driver go? Did they arrest him?"

"The police said that no one was in the car when they got to the scene. Witnesses did say that they say him run off in to the woods near the store that your mom works at."

The only reason someone would run away like that, if it wasn't a real accident.

"No one tried to stop him from running away?!"

"I guess not. Why would they, I mean, it was an accident, right?"

"No, it wasn't, I know it wasn't. Someone's out to get my mom, I know it."

"What are you going to do, try and catch him? If this really wasn't an accident, this guy' s probably like some kind of killer, are you crazy?"

"I'm not crazy yet, but your damn right I'm going to catch him."