1

⚠️ TW- KNIFE PLAY / BLOOD ⚠️

.

It was a hot day in the small town. Billie had finally arrived to her hometown after a long four day car ride. She had recently moved to New York City to start a new life, leaving everyone behind. She only came to spend her spring break here because she missed her family more than she thought she would. She missed her brother and the silly things they'd do in their small, makeshift studio. She missed the smell of her mothers vegan cooking. She missed seeing her father stress over her pet's mess. She missed a lot about her small, childhood home.

She decided she would move when she was around ten. She couldn't wait until she turned eighteen. She was now almost twenty, a completely different person. She used to be insecure. All the things the kids told her throughout her years of school had hit her harder than she made it seem. She would pretend to shrug it off and walk away, but she was really just walking away to hide in a bathroom stall and cry.

She felt more comfortable in her own skin. Dyed her hair back to its original state- a pretty blonde, started doing makeup, changed her baggy style completely. Wearing tight shirts and skirts to flatter her every curve. She felt pretty. She felt like Billie Eilish. She pulled into a small diner, parking her bulky car in the back lot. She hopped out, letting the warm breeze hit her pale skin. It felt like she was a kid again, which in this case- was not a good feeling.

She shrugged it off and locked her car with a beep, walking towards the small restaurant. She thought it would be better to settle in again before heading to her old home. And of course, she didn't want to bug her mom and ask her to make a meal for her. She opened the glass door, the little bell jingling; causing a woman at the counter to turn with a big smile.

"Hello there! Welcome to Adeline's, what can i get started for ya?"

"I'll take a coffee, light cream, no sugar..um..you still serve the blueberry scones?"

"We sure do, honey."

"I'll get a plate of those as well, please."

"Alrighty then, go ahead and take a seat darling."

"Thank you!"

She said with a small smile, taking a seat on one of the bar stools. The restaurant was loud, definitely at full capacity. The loud country music playing. Something Billie absolutely tormented. She looked around, a table of old men chugging beers. A table of teen girls smoking while checking out naked men on the pages of old magazines. A table of hipsters singing while munching on the lettuce patties sitting in front of them. Everyone at every table was different. She swiveled one last time, back to the original position- facing back towards the front of the bar.

"Ok so, we're making the scones. It'll take us about another fifteen to twenty minutes, would you like me to bring the coffee once they're done, or now?"

"I can wait till they're ready, thank you."

The lady nods and walks back into the kitchen. Billie got up, walking towards the back and into the bathroom. She tiptoed into the restroom, relieved to find it empty. The thick walls blocking the commotion on the opposite side of the door. Quiet, peace, privacy. She inhaled deeply, the smell of bleach stinging her nose. Letting out a long exhale and walking into one of the roomy stalls. She pulled her skirt down, dragging her red lace panties along with it. She sat and did her business, tapping on the white tile wall and humming a small tune of a song she remembered writing when she was a little girl.