~Liftoff~

Kesha's POV

Today was the day, the liftoff day for space camp as the camp called it. I was nervous as my family was in a bad position. You see my mom had never stayed with a guy for more than a year and each time she got with a new one it got worse. Sometimes I played pranks on the men to get them away from my mom, but it never did any good. Sometimes they threatened me or even my mom. Those meanies, like who did that over a slime bomb?! It's only a little super glue, green, red food dye, and baking soda. Okay, it's a little sticky but they deserved it!

Anyways, I grabbed my space shirts and Anime merch and shoved them into a duffel. I hadn't packed last week because my mom was on a business trip and Dr. poop, or as he likes to be called Dr. Curtis,  was babysitting me with a trip to his orthodontist's office EVERY DAY! This girl had enough of listening to the beeps of a scanning machine and seeing open mouths. 

"Kesha!!" my mom called me " get packed we need to leave in about an hour to get to the bus stop!"

"Okays!" I called in an annoyed tone. I had enough t worry about and I did NOT want to have to hear my mom yelling at me from the kitchen of our small apartment. 

I grabbed my phone from the counter and texted my crush, Bella. Yes, I'm a lesbian chill. 

Bella: Hey Kesha!! U Exited For Camp????

Me: Yeah, I'm just kinda tired of my step dad rn.

Bella: OOOF, what he do this time?

Me: he took me to his ortho. office every day last week for some "bonding time"

Bella: Eww, thats kinda gross

Me: yeah, but rn I gotta pack. Should I bring my manga, or is it to risky?

Bella: The manga needs to come. A month without anime is not gonna happen girl.

Me: mkay, I gotta go 

Bella: Okay! see you at the bus stop in a bit.

I grabbed a stack of manga and shoved it into a book bag. 

"okay MHA, HxH and Ouran, that's good for now" I mumbled to myself

My mom could mail me some during camp, and during the week break between the two camps i could pack more. Oh I forgot to tell yall, the camp has two parts each a month long. The first half is about learning about space and the second half is about being an astronaut. Fun for space nerds like me!

I grabbed my overstuffed duffel and walked out my door to our three foot hallway.

"Oi mum" I said nonchalantly "Im done packing"

"Don't speak that way to your mother!" Dr. Curtis said, or more of yelled

"Hon" My mom said in her sickly sweet tone "its okay, she is fine"

With a sigh Dr. poopface shut his trap and returned to his eggs. Well green eggs, just the way I like them. 

I have a thing with green, just like Percy Jackson has with blue, if you get what I mean.

I plopped my three bags on the tile and hopped onto the barstool farthest from Dr. Curtis. One time I came home to one of mom's old boyfriends sitting there in MY TERRITORY green cushion and all and I knew he HAD to go, but that's a story for another time. 

My mom slid a green plate of eggs and pancakes towards me and even a green sprite bottle. Then I realized she was feeling sorry about something. She NEVER does the sprite thing unless she is celebrating something or mourning something, and using food as a lure. Sigh that look on her face confirmed it.

"Kesha, I need to tell you something" My mom said "Me and Dr. Curtis are um, Engaged"

I scooted out my stool and stood up, 

"WAIT, WHAT???" I said "WHEN-  When Did This Happen??! I- Yo- No?!, I OBJECT!"

"Honey," My mom said trying to calm me down" I-" But I was not having It. I grabbed my stuff and ran out the front door. I ran for the corner where I realized I was gay. It always helped me calm down. Space Camp was not gonna happen at this point.

-END-

AN: sorry about the cliff hanger but I will try to update soon! -Byes!