~The Bus Stop~

Kesha's POV

I cried for what felt like forever. I didn't realize someone was sitting next to me until I felt an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Kesha," The voice said "You okay?"

"Yeah, " I said "I needed a hug, thanks Bella"

"Oh," Bella said surprised, "your welcome, we should get going soon though and I know you don't want to see your mom right now, so my Dad will drive us.

" Thanks," I said still resting against her chest

She stood up and I followed, not even looking back at my apartment. This month was gonna be okay, right?

As Bella's dad drove on the freeway I started out at the Californian environment. I was gonna miss the heat, but space camp sounded much more appealing especially since we were going to Oregon. I lived just above San Francisco, or Frisco as some northerners called it. I was one of the top 5 winners of the writing competition and I was allowed to bring a friend, and since Bella was one of the few friends who lived near me she was chosen. She never liked competitions but enjoyed space just like me.

"Hey Kesha," Bella asked knocking me out of my daze "what were you crying about back there?"

"Oh," I said, not wanting to say it" It was my mom and dad, they... Well."

"You don't wanna talk about it do you?" Bella said

"No-No it's okay," I said " it's just they are engaged now," I said pulling my knees to my head as if to hide

"OH!" she said as if she found the last puzzle piece "I understand now, sorry I asked"

"no, it felt good to tell someone," I said relieved

"Girls we are at the bus stop, but I see someone you might not want to see right now," Bella's dad said

"Oh dear," Bella said as I sat up to peek out the window

As the car stopped my mom jogged up to the window and tapped on it. I rolled down the window and prepared for another lecture.

"Kesha!" my mom said in despair "Oh my goodness I was so worried that you ran away. Don't do that again honey! You have no idea what we have been through"

"I-" I said, stuttering. "I couldn't handle the pressure so I ran out. Then Bella found me and offered me a ride"

"Oh honey" she said "it doesn't matter anymore, other than that you can go to camp and not have to worry about us anymore"

"Oh, " I said confused, "okay?"

"Hey Kesha" Bella said touching my shoulder "we should get to the sign in tent"

"Oh, " I said "yeah!"

We grabbed our bags from the trunk and walked to the tricoloured tent. It had three tables also with the three colours, pink, blue, and yellow. My mom pulled out a paper with my information on it.

"okay " she said reading the paper" we need to go to the yellow side and check in"

"Okay," I said " what about Bella?"

"She needs to check in with us too" she answered

I waved over the dark haired girl to come to the line. As she jogged over she swung her backpack over her shoulder. It made me feel good inside as pink sparkles appeared around her. What was I in, an anime?! I shook off the feeling as she approached.

"What is it?!" Bella asked

"You need to check in with us" My mom answered for me

"Oh" she said "That makes sense!" smiling brightly

As we approached butterflies fluttered in my stomach of excitement for camp.

"Welcome to Liftoff!" The person in yellow said to us "I'm Dr. Reynold's and ill be your main educator on floor yellow! Since you are both in the same group your shape will be, star! Go ahead and drop your bags off with this tag and meet Polly, your yellow Star leader"

Me and Bella shared a smile as we thanked Dr. Reynolds. As we headed over to Polly I had second thoughts. What if I made mistakes and ruined my friendship, or even told someone about my family issues and no one likes me. I tried to push off the doubts but I knew deep down they would stay with me for the whole first month of camp.

END- *also note the three main colours on the tent, it matters*