Blessed by the Goddess

This chapter is dedicated to @sweeta12 because she comments. Thank you! I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far!😊 thank you for reading!!

——————————————

Even though I wanted to get going, my guide was worn out. I was considerate and wasn't going to push her. She plopped herself down in a field and then got comfortable before she fell asleep.

But I couldn't, myself. I stood there, with aching muscles and shallow breaths, thinking about Nora. Thinking about having her small body back in my arms. I wondered if I would ever let her physically go out of my arms once I had her in them. Besides my body, my heart and soul were aching with unbearable pain. Deep inside I felt her spirit slowly slipping away from this world.

I fell to my knees and began praying to the Moon Goddess.

I don't know how long I prayed for but in the process, I had become so exhausted that I curled up into a ball and fell asleep.

*****

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now—" Before Noah could finish, I scooped Nora up and kissed her. Everyone cheered. Once I let go of my wife's lips I looked out to the crowd of werewolves and felt my heart melt at the new family I had made these past few weeks of being here. The wedding was casual except Nora and I being in tux and gown.

Her dress was beautiful. It was very simple as it only reached a little past her knees. The sleeves of it went to her elbows being a lacy type. It went in at her waist and the chest of it went up to her collarbone. Her hair was curled and she wore a flower crown on top of her head. She was breathtaking.

I myself had to get a suit tailored and fitted and was glad Nora didn't have me wear a tie or button the top buttons of my shirt. I had a pretty thick neck and there is nothing like the feeling of being choked all day long.

Everyone else wore mostly plaid and denim.

I kissed Nora once more before the celebration really began.

There were field games for the kids and ... adult games for the adults. A lot of that consisted of drinking.

I wasn't much of a drinker having been ordered never to partake in those sorts of things from my dad but I didn't know Nora couldn't hold her own.

By the end of the night, my wife was more drunk than anyone I'd ever seen before.

Once everyone was heading home, I turned into my wolf and Noah helped me get Nora on my back.

I made sure not to jostle her too much as I leapt carefully over logs and rocks, and tried to be agile with my trotting. Once we got to the house, I transformed back to man and helped her inside.

I laid her on the bed and couldn't resist kissing her. I thought that she was unconscious from all the drinking but I suddenly felt her fingers dig into my sides.

"Oh, Red!" She moaned. I looked down at her, having been on top of her, and fell in love with her flushed cheeks and dazed-eyes.

I pushed back some hair and she nuzzled her cheek into my hand.

I leaned down to kiss her until a small snore escaped her swollen lips. I smiled and let her sleep.