Evaporate

My name is Eight. Eight Williams. Why? I don't know. My mom ever says that, she hope that my luck would be the same as the number eight. But I don't think its true, even my misfortune was made by my own mother, the person who gave me the name.

Yeah, Stacy Haffley. She's my mom. She is a very sociable/friendly person, but she is anti high technology. I mean, she's so friendly and she loves meeting people but she hates using technology.

The nightmare is, she won't let me using a handphone or even a laptop. And you have to know, we don't even have a television at home. Just an old radio that even by the sound, I'm lazy to listen. There's no questions how bored my life is.

The reason why Stacy do that is because she was afraid that she's plunging me into a "too free society" so I will do some extreme things by all of those medias and it'll makes me become an unproductive person in real life. I don't know, she is so ancient and boring.

I just can use the internet if I was at school, or when I was studying, which is I only can use it in a limited time. Its nit a good thing for a fangirl like me.

Yeah, I'm a fangirl. I love a tiktoker guy. His name is Paolo Miguel Torres Vasquez, or simply just called him Torvas. But he prefer to be called Paolo. I love his eyes, his nose, his smile, his lips, his hair, his voice, the way he stare at people, ah I love everything about him. Oh God, he's the one and only person that makes my life better.

The first time I meet Paolo is when my friend, Reene, showing me his video when he's dancing with a song titled No Idea by Don Toliver. And I don't know how, I started fall in love with him immediately. And in that time, I automatically create an account just to follow him and watch all of his videos.

Tonight is the day he held a Meet n Greet session with his supporters at one of famous mall here. But I can't go there because the time is too late for Stacy and I have a calculus test on Monday and it force me to stay at home and study all day long even though its a friday night. However, Stacy is Stacy, Reene is Reene who always be lucky enough to go everywhere and she got permission from her mom to go to the Meet n Greet.

The next day, I took a bus to go to Reene's house. Instead of telling Stacy that Reene and I will study together for the calculus test, I was on my way to Reene's house because she promised me to show me something that she got from that Meet n Greet. I hope she brings Paolo for me, because I lied to Stacy for this, plus her house and mine wasn't that close. Even if she just brought me his merchandise, its okay for me.

After Carmen, Reene's mom opened the door and let me in, I go straight to Reene's room. She must be still sleeping right now because she's exhausted.

And I'm right, her blanket still wrapped around her body. So I decided to pull out her blanket.

She groaned, and she saw a sunlight entered her room through her window. So she wake up and rubbed her face. "You came so early" She murmuring with her eyes still close.

"Did you bring Paolo for me?" I asked. I know its a rhetorical question but I'm curious.

Reene gets up and goes to her bathroom to wash her face, "If I got him, I won't share it with you or even bothered to tell you."

I went up to her phone to see the videos that she recorded from last night's Meet n Greet. God, I'm so jealous with Reene right now.

"I bet you'll like what I brought to you!" Now she's standung infront of me with so much excitement on her face.

"He wasn't go back to Indiana, yet." I replied after I saw some twitter updates about him through Reene's phone.

Yeah, Paolo is supposed to be back to Indianapolis because he have a final weeks exam next week. I hope she hide him somewhere for me.