Chapter 19: Back to Where It Started

"Yes, love?" Stella answered.

Stefania didn't hear her girlfriend because she and Danielle were staring at each other. She knew that the group thought she was calling Stella but she was definitely gonna say something to Danielle.

"Love?" Stella said again, making Stefania look away from Danielle.

"Yeah. Why don't you introduce yourself to Jaina and Barrett?" Stefania smiled.

The model shook the hands of the two then she went back to sit in the arm chair beside the large sofa.

"This is awkward," Barrett whispered to Jaina. "I know," she whispered back. "Stefania keeps looking at Danielle," the curly-haired woman whispered again. "Maybe because Danielle is staring," Jaina said.

Barrett sent a message to Danielle.

Barrett: stop staring!

Danielle jumped a little as she heard the notification.

Danielle: how? Have you seen her?

Barrett: touché

"So Danielle... have you found someone on Tinder?" Stefania said with a smug look on her face.

"Me? I don't use that app."

"Really? Last time I checked you did," the Italian's tone was a little different. She sounded... angry.

"When?"

"Before I left for the fashion week 4 months ago. I went to your trailer to talk to you then found your phone with Tinder notifications," Stefania explained how she found out.

Danielle was thinking of an answer as she watched Stella who couldn't hear them. She was busy flipping through fashion magazines with her AirPods on.

"Wait. I remember now. Jay borrowed my phone. He was getting paranoid so he checked if he would find Lachlan on Tinder. He was worried he would find out if he used his own phone," Danielle finally said.

Stefania froze for a moment regretting all her decisions the past 4 months. "Oh... so you're not seeing anyone?" the Italian asked.

Jaina and Barrett were enjoying the conversation of the two while eating expensive chocolates on the sofa.

"I can't give my heart to someone if it's broken," Danielle chuckled as she looked down. She pretended to look at the time to excuse herself.

Stefania felt bad and just wanted to break up with her girlfriend right in that moment. She hoped it was that easy.

"I forgot I need to buy a gift for Chyler's birthday tomorrow," the blonde said as she stood up. Before she could walk towards the door, Stefania said, "oh, me too. I haven't bought a gift for her yet. Do you wanna buy together?"

Barrett squeezed Jaina's arm as she heard the invitation of Stefania.

"I don't wanna be the third wheel." Danielle chuckled. "Stella is flying to London for work. She's leaving in an hour and Alex is picking her up."

"Of course Danielle will go shopping with you. Right?" Barrett said as she looked at her blonde friend with wide eyes.

"Yeah. I'll be waiting in my trailer," Danielle said then walked out of the office followed by her friends.

"Oh my gosh!" Danielle exclaimed as she sat on the sofa in her trailer. "D, have you seen the way she looked at you? She's obviously not over you!" Barrett said.

"She has a girlfriend. She made it official so that meant something."

"Maybe she's a rebound," Jaina mumbled.