Chapter 1

The whispers were getting louder, his hands shook and lips quivered. "R̶u̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶r̶e̶t̶" " 𝘙𝘶𝘯" "𝘙𝘶𝘯" His mind shook, Alex couldn't bring himself to move. The sirens got closer every minute and yet he still didn't move a muscle. Every once of breathe he took felt like a flaming fire. Alex wanted to go back to the days were he was happy with his mom. He's sorry. Alex wanted to feel at home again. He truly did.

"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝" They said through the intercom of the police car. Alex didn't even notice they had even arrived. The knife in his hand was stained with dark, dried up blood, the one he killed his step father with. The lovely weapon were he brutally stabbed Step Father till he was no longer felt him breathing, a stream of blood poured from the mans mouth, it was a pleasant sight. . His mother have watched him in horror that evening. Alex was a murder, a psycho.

"Alex wake your ass up you got school! " His mother yelled, yanking the sheets off his bed. Alex groaned immediately grabbing his pillow and putting it over his head, "Give me five minutes mom" he mumbled curling up to find warmth. His mom had scoffed, "No five minutes! You spent all last night playing your stupid video games!" She walked over his pile of mixture of dirty clothes and clean clothes. "This room is like a pig's sty!" Alex's mom shouted grabbing his pile of clothes and leaving the room furious. After a while, Alex finally had the energy to bring himself out of bed and get ready for school. He had shuffled over to the kitchen, "Wow today must be a good day, you even made breakfast " The teenager said in awe looking at the glorious food on the table. There was pancakes drizzled with syrup, eggs that were perfectly cooked, an a freshly squeezed orange juice.

He immediately sat down and started eating. His mother shook her head and went over to start washing the leftover dishes. "Is today my birthday or something?" "Why all the food?"He asked while shoving his face. With a smile on her face, she turned around looking excited. " Well you know..." She fixed her hair and dress. "Your old mom got date with a man" His mother said looking over at Alex. The teenager was so stunned, that he almost dropped his fork. " A man?!" He said abruptly. "You haven't been on a date ever since dad passed away" "Are you sure your ready for this mom" He questioned looking at his mom whom looked shook enough by so many questions.

His mom walked over to the table and sat beside Alex, " I know me telling you this might've caught you off guard, but over so many years of healing, I think it's time to be open to new love" She said with sincerity. This was the first time his mother talked to him about dating another man. He wasn't sure what to say but at the moment, his mom looked so happy that he knew he had no right to say no. "Okay mom. But if he treats you bad, I won't hesitate to beat his butt" He playfully said smiling at his mom. His mom chucked, "Oh honey, don't worry I can protect myself" She stood back up dusting her dress. "Oh my lord, look at the time you must get your bags. The bus will be here any minute!" She said running over to the living room looking for his backpack. "Don't worry. I'll find it myself you get ready for your date mom" Alex said placing his plate in the sink and heading over to the living room where his mom was.