Chapter One

I went down stairs to smell my mom's wonderful, made from scratch meatballs. She always makes the best meatballs. Her pizzas are delish too. I walked into the kitchen, admiring the food Sophie made that was a master piece. David was sitting at the dining table, reading the newspaper. 

I took in the smell of the food. "Smells wonderful, mom." I said. She nodded as if she was expecting that. 

"Your father and I used to have a restaurant. We made pizza, meatballs, tacos-" She sighed dreamily. 

"Sophie," my dad said. "I think you've told her before."

I shrugged. "I love hearing about your guys' restaurant, but I have work" I told them. 

"What? On a Sunday? Why is that?" my mom asked, looking at me as if I were an alien. 

"Yep, I don't think they go to church" I said. She gave me an disgusted look. "They don't believe in God." 

My dad shrugged like it didn't bother him. To be honest, my dad and I don't like- we aren't as heavily religion as mom is. 

Mom waved. "Bye darling! Oh and your keys are on the coffee table in the living room."

"Bye Aria," Dad said, waving. I jogged to the coffee table and snatched my keys. Going outside, I saw my baby. There was my pale blue 1998 Ford Ranger. I opened the gate, heading out of our yard when Moose, my Bernese mountain dog, came running at me with his tongue hanging half out. 

He jumped onto me, into my arms. I pet him as he wagged his tail. "Who's a good boy? Who? Who?" 

"Waaaooph!" Moose barked. 

I lowered him down. "Okay buddy, I gotta go to work. Love you, Moose." He huffed a his name and whined as I shut the gate. "I'll be back later, okay?"

"Oaaph!" he answered. I smiled and unlocked my truck, jumping in. I put the keys in, turned the truck on and started backing out of the drive way. 

Moose barked as I pulled out, putting his big paws on the chain link fence. I turned off of our street, and onto Shard Drive.