Chapter Four

I laid in my bed as I wondered about James. I didn't like the uncertainty in James's voice when he told me his name. It was kind of weird. It was absurd that he knew where I live. But maybe he looked me up on the internet. My short, dark brown hair sprawled across my pillow. 

He acted odd, and he didn't even finish his food. Thoughts swirled around my head like a merry-go-round. 

What if he already knows me? Does he? What if this all a dream; or possibly a nightmare at it's best? I thought to myself. 

My brain wouldn't shut down. I looked to the clock on my nightstand and it said it was 11:47 pm. Great. Just great. If I can't sleep, I'll be tired tomorrow, on a school day. 

I tried my hardest to fall asleep. I counted sheep (which never works, by the way), I stared at the ceiling, I had some warm milk- but nothing worked. 

Someone opened my door and said, "You alright, kid? I hear a lot of moaning. . ."

I recognized the voice as my father's. He popped his head through the doorway, turned the light on and smiled.

"Yeah. . . yeah, everything's alright. Just- Just having trouble sleeping." I said, rubbing my eyes. 

"Get some sleep; you have school tomorrow. Love you, Aria." my dad said, shutting the door. As soon as he shut the light off again, I fell asleep.