09: You're Beautiful

You're Beautiful

*this chapter is mainly dialogue and is pretty short... Sorry :)* 

After that night, every time you had a nightmare you would either call or text him from your room and ask him if he could come to your room. Or if it was really bad you would just make your way to his room and gently shake him wake. Over time he got used to it, as they happened more frequently. When he hears his door open in the middle of the night he automatically knows it’s you. He now scoots over to make room for you, and opens his arms allowing you to latch onto him. 

And after getting used to your new job and environment, you started to open yourself up to people more. Enough so that you caught the attention of a coworker. She was nice and you two started talking and found you both had  a lot in common and had a lot of the same interests. After a while of stealing glances from each other she asked you out on a date. You agreed but was shocked that she did because she was absolutely beautiful and actually looked like a hero, and you didn’t see yourself as that.

She took you out to a nice restaurant, but you didn’t eat much with your excuse of not being hungry. The dinner was very nice and so was she but you don’t plan on keeping anything going with her. There was just something off about her. After the two of you finished eating and were about to leave she asked you out on a second date. You said yes not wanting to be rude or make any sort of scene at the table and figured that you would just turn her down the next time she asks. 

You got home pretty late from your date. You walk in the door to see a worried and clearly angry blonde standing in front of you. He had been waiting at the door like a dog waiting for it’s owner to return, but this dog was seriously pissed off. 

“What’s up?” you ask out of concern.

All the blonde does is hold his phone up to you and shows you the many texts and calls he had left you. 

“Sorry my phone died earlier,” said rubbing the back of your neck with a cheesy grin.

“Where the hell were you?” he said still in a stern voice.

“I was on a date with someone from work,”

“Who is he,” 

“She, and none of your damn business,”

His eyes widen a bit at the word she.

“What’s the big deal,” you say with ovious irritation in your tone.

“Who was it?”

“It as Yukine okay”

“Why would you go out with her”

“It doesn’t matter why im not going out with her again anyways, someone like her shouldn't go out with someone like me, she looks like a hero, I don’t,”

“Stop saying things like that… you really don’t get it do you,”

“Obviously not,”

He then started to walk towards you aggressively making you back into a wall. He puts his arms on either side of you blocking from moving as if you were in a cage. Your eyes widen in surprise and fear. But what he did next completely shocked you. He laid his head on your shoulder and just stayed there for a moment, then he finally spoke. 

“You’re beautiful,”

He then starts to slowly fall to his knees and wraps his arms around your waist and you feel the light squeeze of a hug. You feel self conscious for a moment but that quickly faded as you replayed his words in your head. You then felt your knees weaken and you slid your back down, and sat on the ground with an emotionally hurt blonde boy not letting go of you. He stayed there holding you in his arms,

“I know you are insecure about your weight and stretchmarks and scars but, please don’t be,” he softly whispered to you.

As the words left his mouth he became flustered and turned his face away from you to hide his reddened cheeks, but he didn’t loosen his grip on you, his hold only tightened. And right then was the moment he realized what that feeling that he had towards you and the same feeling he had towards you in high school. He thought it was hatred but he realized that strange feeling. The feeling that made his stomach drop every time he saw you or the butterflies he felt every time he felt your touch, the comfort he felt when he held you close. He realized he was in love.

 He realized he was in love