Chapter 1

???: (narrating) Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... ... if somebody told you I was just an average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... ... somebody lied. But let me assure you, this like any story worth telling... ... is all about a girl. (the scene shows a beautiful girl) That girl. The girl next door. Mary Jane Watson. The woman I've loved since before I even liked girls.
There was a guy sitting next to her.
???: (narrating) I'd like to tell you that's me next to her. (refers to another guy) Aw, heck, I'd even take him.
There was a young man running beside the bus.
Young Man: Hey! Stop the bus!
??? (narrating) That's me.
Young Man: Tell him to stop! Please! Stop! Hey! Stop the bus!
Mary Jane: (to the bus driver) Stop the bus! He's been chasing us since Woodhaven Blvd.
The bus stopped and the boy got in. He tried to look for a seat.
Girl: Don't even think about it.
Boy: You're so lame, Parker.
As Parker looked for a seat, Flash tripped him and the students laughed. Peter Parker was just your ordinary bookworm of a student. A nerd, and rather an outcast. That was about to change today. In New York, eleven kids were carrying a box and exiting Clamp Enterprises.
Lincoln: Well, after that Gremlin fiasco, I would we never see another gremlin.
Lori: You and us all.
Lisa: Unless they make a sequel that is. Then we won't have to worry about it.
Leni: Yeah. And now, Billy wants us to look after Gizmo while he and Kate are on vacation.
Lincoln: Don't you girls worry. There are no more of those things around anymore. So I bet we'll in tip-top shape.
Lisa: We will be if we can still make it to that lab. They're going to show us different kinds of... (eyes dart to Leni, then back to the others) Lincoln, can I see you for a moment?
Lincoln: Sure.
Lincoln and the other girls, except Leni, whom they have to leave out for a reason, went to talk with Lisa.
Lana: What's the problem, Lis?
Lisa: Remember the last time Lincoln took care of the class tarantula?
Lincoln: Ah, yes. Frank was a girl all this time.
Lisa: That, and the fact that Leni has arachnophobia. Surely, a class field trip that takes us to see some spiders will make her jump with horror.
Luna: Oh, yeah. And even after saving Frank, she's still afraid of spiders.
Lori: We have to find a way to go through this field trip without Leni running around screaming.
Lola: But how? She sees or hears a spider, she'll flip.
Lincoln: (light bulb) Unless she doesn't see and hear it.
Lucy: What is it?
Lincoln: (gets out some earplugs and a blindfold) Just some emergency earplugs and a blindfold just in case a field trip involves a spider.
Lori: Lincoln, you're a crafty little twerp. Let's hope it literally works.
At the trip...
Man: Midtown High seniors. No wandering. Proceed direct... Hey! Knock it off. Remember, it is a privilege to be here. We're guests of Columbia University's Science Department. So behave accordingly. Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the planetarium. Now, Come on and stay together. Proceed up the steps and into the building.
As the students, including Peter and MJ, went into the science lab, the Loud kids returned with a blindfolded and ear-plugged Leni.
Leni: So, where are we, like, going?
Lola: Um, somewhere you can easily enjoy, like the mall.
Luan: That's what it's 'mall' about! (chuckles) Get it?
Leni: What? What did you say? Where are you? Like, I can't hear or see you.
They went into the science building. Outside, a limo was parking. Norman Osborn was dropping off his son, Harry.
Harry: Dad, would you ask Hoskins to drive around the corner, please?
Norman: Why? The entrance is right there.
Harry: Dad, these are public school kids, I'm not showing up for the field trip in a Rolls.
Norman: You want me to trade in my care for a Jetta just because you flunked out of every private school I ever sent you to?
Harry: It wasn't for me.
Norman: Of course it was. Don't ever be ashamed of who you are.
Harry: I'm not ashamed of who I am. It's just...
Norman: Just what, Harry?
Harry: Forget it. (leaves the limo; to Peter) Pete!
Peter: Hi, Harry.
Harry: Hey, man. What's up?
Norman: (bringing Harry his backpack) Harry! Won't you be needing this?
Harry: Thanks Dad. (to Peter) Um, Peter may I introduce my father, Norman Osborn.
Norman: (shakes Peter's hand) I've heard so much about you.
Peter: It's a great honour to meet you sir.
Norman: Harry tells me you're quite the science whiz. Y'know, I'm something of a scientist myself.
Peter: I read all your research on nanotechnology. Really Brilliant.
Norman: And you understood it?
Peter: Yes, I wrote a paper on it.
Norman: Impressive. Your parents must be very proud.
Peter: I live with my aunt and uncle, they are proud.
Wildcat: Hey, you two! Let's move!
Peter: Nice to meet you.
Norman: Hope to see you again.
Peter: Yeah. (Norman leaves; to Harry) He doesn't seem so bad.
Harry: Not if you're a genius. I think he wants to adopt you.
In the science lab...
Tour Guide: There are over 32,000 known species of spider in the world. They're in the order Araneae, divided into three suborders.
Peter: Wow! That's amazing! This is the most advanced electron microscope in the eastern seaboard. It's unreal.
Harry: I know.
Tour Guide: Arachnids from all three groups possess varying strengths which help them in their constant search for food. For example, the Delena spider, family Sparassidae... ...has the ability to jump to catch its prey.
Peter: For the school paper?
The tour guide nodded, so Peter attempted to take a picture of the spider, but Flash bumped him, making him take a bad picture.
Tour Guide: Next, we have the net web spider, family Filistatidae... ...genus Kukulcania. It spins an intricate funnel shaped web whose strands have a tensile strength ...proportionately equal to the type of high tension wire...
Lincoln: Wow, such an amazing web shape.
Lisa: Never have I seen an arachnid have such strength.
Leni: What rack?
Lincoln: Um.... we're gonna see some clothing racks, Leni. Just some racks. (chuckles nervously) I hope this works.
Peter tried to take a picture, but Flash bumped him.
Harry: Leave him alone.
Bully: Or what?
Flash: Or his father will fire your father. (to Harry) What's Daddy gonna do? Sue me?
Man: What is going on? The next person who talks will fail this course. I kid you not. Let's go.
Lincoln: (quietly) Oh, man. We can't talk. Anyone got another napkin?
Lana: (quietly) Well, I have this handkerchief I tie around my neck.
Lincoln: (quietly) Great. Give it to me.
Lana hands it to Lincoln who ties it over Leni's mouth. Leni muffled under the handkerchief.
Lori: I hope this trip is over in a few moments.
Tour Guide: This grass spider hunts using reflexes with nerve-conduction velocity so fast that some researchers believe it almost borders on precognition.
Peter: (whispers to Harry) Those guys are jerks.
Tour Guide: ...an imminent awareness of danger... A spider-sense.
Harry: (quietly and points to a spider) Hey, look at that spider.
Lisa: (quietly) Some spiders change colors to blend into their environment. It's a defense mechanism.
Peter: (quietly) Oh. Hello, little girl. How'd you figure it out?
Lisa: (quietly) I know a thing or two about spiders. And what might you be?
Peter: (quietly) I'm Peter Parker, and this is my best friend, Harry.
Lisa: (quietly) It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Parker. I'm Lisa, and with me are my sisters and brother.
Harry: (quietly) Why is that girl blindfolded?
Lincoln: (quietly) She has a fear of spiders. One look at a spider and it's chaos in the lab.
Peter: (quietly) That explains her mouth being covered.
Harry: (quietly) Peter, what makes you think I'd want to know that?
Peter: (quietly) Who wouldn't?
Tour Guide: Over five painstaking years, Columbia's genetic research facility has...
Harry: (quietly) You gonna talk to her now?
Peter: (quietly) Oh, no. Come on. You talk to her.
Tour Guide: With these DNA blueprints, we have begun what was once thought impossible.
Mary Jane looked at the spiders in the glass containers.
Mary Jane: (quietly) Disgusting.
Harry: (quietly) Yeah, hateful little things.
Mary Jane: (quietly) I love them!
Harry: (quietly)  Yeah, me too. You know, spiders can change their color to blend into their environment.
Mary Jane: (quietly) Really?
Harry: (quietly) Yeah, it's a defense mechanism.
Mary Jane: (quietly) Cool.
Tour Guide: ...transfer RNA to encode an entirely new genome combining the genetic information from all three into these 15 genetically designed super-spiders.
Lisa: (inspects the containers) There's only 14 of them.
Tour Guide: I beg your pardon?
Lisa: You're missing one spider.
Tour Guide: Yeah. I guess the researchers are working on that one.
Unknown to everyone in the room, the missing spider was on a web, hanging from a column.
Harry: (quietly) Do you know that this is the largest electron microscope on the eastern seaboard?
Man: You were talking throughout that woman's entire presentation. Let's talk about how we listen.
The two left, leaving Peter with Mary Jane. This was his perfect chance to get to the girl.
Peter: Hey, Could I take your picture? I need one with a student in it.
Mary Jane: Sure, yeah.
Peter: Great.
Mary Jane: Where do you want me? (stands next to the containers) Over here?
Peter: Yeah, that's great.
Mary Jane: Don't make me look ugly.
Peter: That's impossible.
He walked back to take a picture from a distance.
Peter: (takes one picture) Perfect.
As he kept taking pictures, the spider was crawling down the web.
Mary Jane: Is that good?
Peter: Great.
He took pictures of her, not noticing the spider now crawling on his hand.
Girl: (offscreen) M.J., let's go!
Mary Jane left.
Peter: Wait. Thanks!
The spider then bit Peter Parker. He yelped in pain and flicked the spider off. It crawled out of his sight. He had a nasty bite from the spider.
Man: (offscreen) Parker, let's do it.
Peter went out, but on a screen, there was a particular set of abilities. They were web tensile strength, spider strength, jumping, speed, spider sense, and precognition. They belonged to a spider. In fact, it was the same spider that bit Peter. Meanwhile, in another part of New York, there was another group visiting the city.
Blossom: We should be getting close.
Buttercup: You know, when you're a big city like New York, you're bound to get lost easily.
Blossom: Why'd you think that? We've been here before several times.
Michelangelo: Like the time we fought the Shredder.
Simon: Or when Kari and TK found a possessed Digimon while visiting Mimi.
Garfield: Yeah. Makes me want to buy their pizza.
Yoshino: Guys, we're here to have another vacation. There may or may not involve any villains while we're on vacation.
Bubbles: Yoshi's right. We have to be careful. Who knows what could happen in New York?
At Oscorp, there was a demonstration for a flight suit.
Dr. Strom: We've solved the horizon glide and the multi-G balance issues.
General Slocum: I've already seen the glider. That's not what I'm here for.
Norman arrived at the lab in his lab coat.
Norman: General Slocum, good to see you again. Mr. Balkan, Mr. Fargas.
Mr. Balkan: Norman.
Mr. Fargas: Mr. Osborn.
Norman: Always a pleasure to have our board of directors pay us a little visit.
General Slocum: I want to see the progress report on human performance enhancers.
Dr. Strom: We tried vapour inhalation with rodent subjects. They showed an 800 percent increase in strength.
General Slocum: Any side effects?
Dr. Strom: In one trial, yes.
Norman: It was an aberration. All the tests since have been successful.
General Slocum: In the trial that went wrong, what happen? what were the side effects?
Dr. Strom: Violence, aggression, and insanity.
General Slocum: What do you recommend?
Norman: That was only one test. With the exception of Dr. Strom, our entire staff certifies the product ready for human testing.
General Slocum: Dr. Strom?
Dr. Strom: We need to take the whole line back to formula.
Norman: Back to formula?
General Slocum: Dr. Osborn. I'm going to be frank with you. I never supported your program. We have my predecessor to thank for that.
Mr. Fargas: Norman, the General gave the go-ahead to request aerospace to build a prototype of their exoskeleton design. They test in two weeks.
General Slocum: And if your so-called performance enhancers have not had a successful human trial by that date. I'm gonna pull your funding. I'm going to give it to them. Gentlemen. Ladies. (leaves)
After the general left, in came Mojo Jojo.
Mojo Jojo: Sorry, I was late. Traffic was killer.
Norman: Ah, if it isn't Mojo Jojo, my lab assistant monkey! Good to see you!
Mojo Jojo: So, what happened while I was gone?
Norman: Not so good. The general said that if the enhancers don't work on humans, he'll shut the whole thing down.
Mojo Jojo: Typical smelly humans. Always want to have those inventions of yours for themselves.
Norman: I know. But how are we gonna find someone to test it out?
Mojo Jojo: I've been through quite enough from last time's test run. I think you should do it.
Norman: Oh yes. (They enter the testing room) Allow me to introduce the man who help me invent the suit. Dr. Ivo Robotnik.
Dr. Eggman: (offscreen) One moment, I'm trying to test out something here! (His invention exploded and appears on screen) Note to self: Never fuse dynamite with chemical X.
Cubot: Hey, boss. Your boss is here.
Dr. Eggman: But I'm the boss, you... (shocked) Ohhhh, you mean him. I see. (To Norman) So, Norman, what brings you here?
Norman: The general is shutting us down but I found our situation. There is to be a test subject, and I will be that test subject. I was going to use the monkey as the test subject but I'll use him for the flight suit test. Anyways, the enhancer must work on a human, therefore I should test it out on me.
Dr. Eggman: I don't know. I heard the enhancer can cause some pretty bad side effects.
Norman: If Slocum shuts the lab down, we all get shut down. Now, get some equipment for tonight. We're going to prove him otherwise.
Dr. Eggman: If you say so. To the enhancer!
Meanwhile, At Peter's house, his uncle, Ben, was installing a light bulb.
Ben: And the Lord said, "Let there be light." (the light bulb is lit) And voila! There is light. Forty soft, glowing watts of it.
May: Good boy. God will be thrilled. Just don't fall on your ass.
Ben: I'm already on my ass, May. When the plant's senior electrician is laid off after 35 years, what else would you call it? I am on my ass.
May: Hand me that dish. The green one.
Ben: The corporation is downsizing the people and upsizing their profits.
May: Oh, Ben, you'll get another job somewhere.
Ben: Well, let's look in the paper and see. (gets his newspaper) There are the want ads. What do we got here? (looks in the newspaper) Computer... Computer salesman, computer engineer, computer analyst. My Lord, even the computers need analysts these days. I'm 68. I'm too old for computers, and besides, I have a family to provide for.
May: I love you. And Peter loves you. You're the most responsible man I've ever known. We've been down-and-out before. But somehow, we survive.
Peter entered the house with the Loud kids by his side.
May: Hi, sweetie. You're just... Just in time for dinner.
Ben: How you doing? How was the field trip? Are those new friends you met?
Peter: I don't feel well. I'm gonna go to sleep.
May: You won't have a bite?
Peter: No thanks, had a bite.
Ben: Did you get some pictures, Peter?
Peter: I gotta crash. Everything's fine. (went to his room)
Ben: What was that all about?
In his room, Peter wasn't feeling so well from the spider bite. He fell to the floor as the bite took effect.
Tour Guide: (voice over) In this recombination lab, we use synthesized transfer RNA to encode an entirely new genome, combining the genetic information from all three into these 15 genetically designed super-spiders.
Meanwhile in Oscorp, Norman was ready to test out the enhancer.
Dr. Strom: Dr. Osborn, please. The performance enhancers aren't ready. The data just doesn't justify this test. Now, I'm asking you for the last time. We can't do this.
Norman: Don't be a coward. Risks are part of laboratory science.
Dr. Strom: Let me reschedule, with the proper medical staff and a volunteer. If you just give me two weeks...
Norman: Two weeks? In two weeks? We'll have lost the contract to Quest and OSCORP will be dead. Sometimes you gotta do things yourself. Get me the Promachloraperazine.
Dr. Strom: For what?
Norman: It begins catalyzation when the vapor hits the bloodstream. 40,000 years of evolution and we've barely tapped the vastness of human potential.
Dr. Eggman: Enhancer is ready, Mr. Norman.
Norman: Excellent.
Norman got onto the metal bed as Eggman put the restraints on him.
Norman: Oh, that's cold.
Dr. Eggman: Trust me, Norman. This will help from any side effects that the enhancer will have. In case you grow into the Hulk that is.
He tapped a key and the bed was in a container. The enhancer was transferred as green gas that covered the inside of the container. It enhanced his muscles and increased his heart rate.
Dr. Strom: Norman?
Norman was on the bed, shaking wildly.
Dr. Strom: Norman!
He turned off the gas chamber and Norman went limp.
Dr. Strom: Norman! Oh, my God. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Norman!
Dr. Eggman: Well, at least he didn't got angry and turn into the Hulk. Let's get him out of the chamber.
He went into the chamber, trying to get Norman back to life. As he pressed his hands on his chest, the heart rate went up. The now-conscious Norman grabbed Dr. Strom by the neck.
Norman: Back to formula?
He threw the doctor out of the chamber, and he lept out.
Mojo Jojo: What just happened?
Back in Peter's house, the boy woke up from his unconscious state. He wore his glasses, but they were now obscuring his vision. When he took them off, he can see clearly.
Peter: Weird.
He then noticed that he got muscles and a six pack ab.
May: (offscreen) Peter?
Peter: Yeah?
May: (offscreen) Are you alright?
Peter: Yeah, I'm fine.
May: (offscreen) Any better this morning? Any change?
Peter: Change? Yep. Big change.
May: (offscreen) Well, hurry up. You're going to be late.
Peter: Right. Okay.
He went downstairs and ran on the wall for a brief moment.
May: Goodness me!
Ben: Jeez. I thought you were sick.
Peter: I got better.
May: See?
Peter: Bye, guys.
May: You haven't eaten anything, have you got your lunch money?
Peter: Yeah, I've got it.
Ben: Hey Michelangelo, don't forget we're painting the kitchen right after school. Got it?
Peter: Sure, Uncle Ben. Don't start without me.
Ben: And don't start up with me. (to May) Teenagers. Raging hormones. They never change.
As Peter left, he noticed Mary Jane walking away from her father.
Mary Jane's Dad: You're trash! You're always going to be trash just like her.
Mary Jane: I have to go to school.
Mary Jane's Dad: Who's stopping you?
The boy followed the girl to a bus stop.
Peter: Hi, M.J. Hey, M.J. I don't know if you realize this, but we've been neighbors since I was 6. And I was wondering if we could get together sometime?
A car came up. It was M.J.'s friends.
M.J.'s Friend: I got the car. Hop in.
Peter: Do something fun? Or, I don't know. I thought it'd be time to get to know each other. Or not.
The car drove off. Peter noticed a bus driving off, and he ran after it. He tried to get to it by holding onto a banner on the side of it, but it tore off and the bus drove off in the distance. Only the banner got stuck the boy's hand. He got it off and looked at his hand for a moment, and then went to school. Watching him were the Loud kids. Lisa was in wonder with how the banner was stuck on Peter's hand.
Lisa: It seems that the banner is stuck to his hand.
Lori: It has tape on it, Lisa. What else?
Lisa: We better take a closer look at him.
Lincoln: Why? What makes you curious about his health today?
Lisa: His rectus abdominis. (no one understands what it means) He's got a six-pack from sleeping.
Lincoln and the rest of the loud Girls: Ahhhh.
At the Osborn mansion, Harry went to check on his father.
Harry: Dad! Dad, are you all right?
Norman: (wakes up) Harry.
Harry: What are you doing on the floor?
Norman: I don't know.
Harry: Have you been there all night?
Norman: Last night, I was...
Harry: What?
Norman: I don't remember.
Scientist: Mr. Osborn?
Butler: Sir, I asked her to wait in the foyer.
Harry: My father's not feeling well...
Scientist: Mr. Osborn, Dr. Stromm is dead.
Norman: What?
Scientist: They found his body this morning in the lab. He's been murdered, sir.
Norman: What are you talking about?
Scientist: And the flight suit and the glider...
Norman: What about it?
Scientist: It's been stolen, sir.
At lunch, Peter was eating when Mary Jane slipped and tossed her lunch. Suddenly, he caught her and her lunch.
Mary Jane: Wow! Great reflexes! Thanks.
Peter: No problem.
Mary Jane: Hey, you have blue eyes. I didn't notice without your glasses. You just get contacts? Well, see you. (leaves)
The boy went back to his lunch, but a fork got stuck on his hand. He pulls it out of hand and sees a spider web on the fork. As he tries pulls it out, the hand shoots a web string at a lunch tray without being noticed by the students as he pulls it back and he dodged it. Unfortunately, it hits Flash in the back by mistake. Parker left the cafeteria with the web-strung tray behind him, even behind closed doors.
Flash: Parker?
When Peter got to his locker,...
Chorus: Spider-sense!
He starts to sense things moving. He dodged Flash's fist as it hit his locker.
Flash: Think you're pretty funny, don't you, freak?
Mary Jane: Flash, it was just an accident.
Flash: My fist breaking your teeth is the accident.
Mary Jane: C'mon Flash, stop.
Peter: I don't want to fight you, Flash.
Flash: I wouldn't want to fight me neither.
Peter avoided his attacks, and even bent over backwards to avoid one.
Mary Jane: Help him, Harry.
Peter jumped out of Flash's bully friend's way.
Harry: Which one?
Flash's Friend: He's all yours, man.
Flash threw punches at Peter, who dodged them all. At one point, Peter grabbed his arm as he punched him across the hallway and Flash gets splattered by the teachers food. Peter noticed that something was different about him.
Harry: That was amazing.
Peter left the school and went to an alley. He discovered that the spider bite from yesterday gave him some powers. He checked his fingers and saw little strands that make things stick. He looked at a wall and put his hands on it. He crawled up the wall like a spider. Later, he ran and jumped from building to building.
Peter: Woo hoo!
He was on a building, where he was about to test out his web-slinging ability.
Peter: Go web! (Nothing happens) Fly! Up, up, and away web! Shazam! Go! Go! Go web, go!
Soon, nothing happen again until he figured out how to shoot web out of his hand. He shot a web at a steel beam and it became a rope. Peter grabbed onto the web, about to swing.
Peter: Tally ho.
He jumped down and swung below, though he did hit a billboard sign. He was okay, though.
Lincoln: Wow. Just... wow.
Peter saw the Loud kids behind him.
Peter: You saw all of it?
Lisa: Turns out with those web-slinging abilities, your super reflexes, and a fascinating six-pack, I'd say the spider bite must've taken its effect.
Peter: You think?
Lincoln: We better get on home right away.