Chapter 0: THE INTRODUCTION - The RMS Titanic

RMS Titanic is an Ocean Liner sank on its maiden voyage on April 14th - April 15th 1912, 1496 died, 712 people survived. She was the second ship of The Olympic Class (Olympic, Titanic, and Britannic) and she was launched on 31 May 1911. Her commissioning was delayed due to ongoing repairs of the RMS Olympic. The ship left the port of Southampton 10 April 1912 for her maiden voyage, narrowly avoiding a collision with SS New York, a ship moored in the port pulled by the propellers of Titanic. After a stopover at Cherbourg, France and another in Queenstown, Ireland, she sailed into the Atlantic with 2,208 passengers and crew on board, under the command of Captain Edward J. Smith, she headed for New York City. She was sailing to the Atlantic...
Until on Sunday, April 14th at 23:40 (11:40 PM), Titanic struck an iceberg while sailing about 400 miles south of the Grand Banks of Newfoundland. The strike and the resulting shock sheared the rivets. This caused the first five compartments to be flooded, with flooding in a sixth compartment controlled by the pumps; the ship could only stay afloat with four compartments flooded. Titanic sank 2 hours and 40 minutes after the collision.
There were not enough lifeboats for all the passengers and the nearest responding ship (RMS Carpathia) being too far away, 1,496 of the 2,208 people on board died, making it one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in history.

Source: Wikipedia

Artwork by Mr. Marek Salay.