22. My Marvelous Monday III

Gray' POV

Why was Evan mad?

Maybe, it was something I said.

Or is he angry over me breaking that.

Was that why he was mad today?

But Mrs. Mason said-

Maybe that was just to put me at ease.

Should I just ask Chris?

I owe her a lot as it is.

I'll ask her.

I pick up my phone and dial.

She doesn't pick up

Maybe she's busy. I'm sure she'll call back.

I walk to my shelf. I had already fixed Evan's 'whatever-it-is-that-I-broke' when I had the chance.

It's really pretty.

I'll give it to him as soon as possible.

My phone rings up. Must be Chris. And she called back just a few minutes after I called her.

'Hello, Chris'

' Hey. How's lover-boy?'

'I'm great. I just want to ask something. Are you free right now?'

'Not exactly, I'm at my girlfriend's. So keep it short'

'So the other day, he was in a really bad mood. And I don't know why but I somehow feel like it's my fault. Is there anything I should do?'

'Um- well. For starters, did you do something to upset him? Okay okay. Just tell me what happened and we'll see'

'So, I broke something important of his, but his mom told me that he wasn't mad. I didn't see him for the next day and most of the day at school on Monday. Maybe it's because of that. Maybe I should hang with more often now that we're dating and all. I mean, you're with your girlfriend most of the time. Oh. And I also happened to tell him that he shouldn't tell anyone that he was dating me...'

'Wait- Why would you tell him that?'

'Because, Mother's going to kill me if she finds out that I'm dating a guy'

'Yea. OK. But maybe you just gave him the wrong idea. Like, I don't know, maybe he thinks you're embarrassed to hang out with him. You did say that you didn't hang out with him at school and to top it all up you went and said that. He must have the wrong idea of what's going on.'

'Oh. What should I do?'

'You're asking me? Do what you want.'

'No. Please. You know more about such things and I don't want to mess things up. Whenever I do what I want it just ends up troubling him.'

'Okay okay. How about another date? Something simple so that you can talk and clear up the misunderstandings. Spend a little time with him, I guess, And try to be a little romantic, maybe'

'Romantic?'

'Yea... I don't know. Go with something simple. Compliment him or something. Say he's beautiful. It should lighten the mood by a bit al least'

'Thanks Christina. You're the best.'

'Welp. All the best!'

__Call Ends__

I let out a long sigh. I know exactly what to do.

And at the end of it I'll return his 'Whatever it is that I broke' and then it'll all be

Happily ever after...

I hope.