37. My Sweet Date III

Gray's POV

'How about the revolving teacups, next',

'Sure', I say

-x—x-x—x-x—x-x—x-x—x-x—x-

Wow my head's spinning in all different directions

'Woah, Easy there', Evan says anchoring me.

I accidently fell into him... Not good.

'I'm sorry-

'It's fine, we'll just sit down till you feel better. Here,' He says taking my arm around his shoulder and letting me lean into him 'I'll help you'

He smells nice...

He feels very warm...

He's a little too close...

...

He guides to a nearby bench

'There, all good?'

'Mmhmm'

He's sitting really close to me. I suddenly feel a lot more conscious than usual

'Don't you have anything to ask me? It seems a little unfair that I was the only one getting know things about you', Evan says, opening the bottle of soda we had bought earlier and takes a swig.

'Nothing much'

'Oh come on mannn... There must be something...'

'Ok fine.', What should I ask him? 

We'll both finish school in a year 

'What are you going to do after graduation?'

'I' really want to go to M-Art university. I hope I get in. They did an exam a couple months back. My rank wasn't bad but I didn't get in.' Evan says his expression turning from excited to doubt, then to determined. 'How's things at your end?'

No way! I didn't think...

'Actually, I'm interested in M-university.', I say

'Oh wow! So how's the applications and all? Want any help with it? Y'know, since I've done it once'

'Thanks. I wrote the 1st exam, though', I stare at my feet.

'Wow, And we didn't bump into each other at the Exam Venue... What's the rank?'

'I got a fairly good rank'

'C'mon, don't keep it to yourself then'

'96...'

'...'

'say something'

'You got in with the scholarship! Congrats! They're gonna do a second Entrance test for people who didn't get in the first time, I'll be trying to top your score. Get it? Better watch out. Oh and if I get in, we'll be in the same University!'

'I'll probably not go to M-, though'

'Why? I thought you said you were interested...'

'I don't think my parents would let me. Ever since I was little, everyone has said that I'll take over the Company... I'll study something in Management or Business, to help them as well'

'I don't understand. Have your parents ever said that? I mean, getting a scholarship at the best Art uni in the area is no joke.'

'I don't think they'll be happy with that'

'What if you're just assuming stuff? Try talking to them, no? Maybe it'll turn out different', Evan says while tapping my shoulder. 

I feel like I made him worry unnecessarily.

'Even then I can't... I just can't tell them that... atleast not on my own... We've planned that the 3 of us would work together from since I was a kid'

'Telling them wouldn't hurt much. You said, you can't do it alone, right? How about I come with you? I'll wait outside your place after school ... or whenever you want... And if it doesn't go well, I'll get you ice-cream?', Evan says, leaning forward.

'...', I really don't want him to bother him too much, though 

'Look, I've had a lot of assumptions about you. I'm really sorry about tha-

'No no. It's fine'

'Right. But I decided to talk to you and you were actually a lot nicer than what I've heard... who knows? Maybe, you might have the same luck'

'Sure, I'm sorry for troublin-

'Oh no. Actually I rather enjoy being troubled. You good in the head now?'

I nod

'Ok then', Evan stands up suddenly. ' Where to next?'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to all my readers who are going through Exams, Entrance and sorting through what and which to choose for the future

I hope y'all get the conclusion that you want.

As always, Stay Safe... Stay Happy

'

'

'

And If you've found the alien, Don't keep it to yourself! Leave a comment 

(so that I can know that I've beat you)