𝟭𝟯.

warnings : cursing, a bit of violence, mentions of gore.

━━━━━━━━

THE MOMENT WHEN [name] stepped into the gym was when she knew, they f*cked up.

inosuke was beyond furious, smoke coming out from the ears of his mask. a lone volleyball slowly bounced away, everytime it hit the floor counted every single second that [name] wanted to suffocate this stupid dumb*ss.

the culprit, poor azumane asahi, gulped audibly when hashibira's stature changed from his frozen state, into facing the ace directly.

"you. you there!"

"hey hey, what with this guy delaying our match?" tanaka mumbled grumpily, but [name] could see that in his eyes held a slight tint of confusion. it quickly morphed into fear when inosuke gruffed loudly.

"you DARE not answer the great king hashibira inosuke?! even more — YOU MISSED?!?!"

"okay, that's enough of this nonsense — " daichi was about to interfere when [name], from across the room, shook her head, catching sawamura's attention. the captain looked to his seniors for help, but they only shrugged; both for different reasons.

[name] took her chance and moved a few steps forward before another voice spoke up.

"oi! what are you saying?"

it was nishinoya, whose head was tilted and eyes glinted with the need for answers. he moved closer towards inosuke, stopping right in front of the net that separated the two.

"i'm nishinoya yuu, karasuno's guardian deity. i want to know what makes you say that our best ace has missed?"

both zenitsu and tanjiro had finally made it, the two silently peeking from the sides of the door so as to not intrude. they looked at each other, then at inosuke and braced for the impact that they were just in time to witness.

"hah? nishiyo yo? never heard of a name!" inosuke boomed, pointing at asahi's head. ( he trembled in the meantime, even with ennoshita placing a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort the soft guy. ) "this guy missed his damn shot!"

the brunette blinked. "how so? also, the name's nishinoya yuu, not whatever you sai — "

"he's meant to aim at the head! for a straight kill!"

you could quite literally hear a pin drop from how speechless everyone was. shimizu kiyoko's pen rolled off her clipboard and the echo of the fall was explicitly heard by all. it was what made [name] snap completely.

dear god, he really is a smart boar!

"huh??" was all that yuu could blurt — so was the collective thought of most in the room.

"...i don't think he meant that literally, right?" yamaguchi whispered to the shorter 1st year, who just shrugged while they watched nishinoya's fist unclench from pure surprise.

"probably not... wait is that [last name]-san?!"

indeed, the girl noticed the small body language of inosuke. how he removed his boar mask, how he was about to punch someone's face, how he was ready to unsheath his double swords — the [eye color] eyed girl saw it all, and more specifically, she saw the latter at play.