Cake!

"We're back!", Tanjirou exclaimed upon entering the Butterfly Mansion. "Welcome back!", Shinobu welcomed. "Are you done getting the things?", she asked. "Yes, we are! I bought them for (Y/N)-san as a treat... but she had already got them from someone else!", Tanjirou pouted. "Oh? I wonder who gave them to her..", she giggled. 

"Hm.. Shinobu-san, could you happen to know?", Tanjirou asked her curiously. "Oh, well... oh! I also have these decorating tips for you! I thought they could come in handy.", She gleamed, quickly changing the subject. 

"Oh, thank you, Shinobu-san", you replied. "Which tip should I use, Tanjirou-kun?", you asked. Tanjirou was surprised you had asked him. "I think the rose tip would be pretty!", he exclaimed. "The rose tip it is, then. Would you.. um.. like to help me-?", you sheepishly asked. "O-Of course! It'd be my pleasure!", he replied happily. 

"Well then, could you get the flour and milk? Also the measuring cups", you requested. "On it!", he replied, rushing to get them. You took out the rest of the ingredients, and began to add them into a bowl. "Tanjirou-kun, could you add in a cup of sugar for me?", you asked. "Of course!", he obliged, and started towards the bowl with a cup of what looked like sugar. "Um, Tanjirou-kun, did you happen to take that out of that jar?", you asked, pointing towards a jar of salt. "Yup! All by myself", he replied proudly. 

"Erm.. that's salt..", you admitted. Tanjirou looked shocked. "We wouldn't want salty cake now would we?", Shinobu commented from the other room. "O-oh! My apologies", Tanjirou apologized, his gathered confidence a bit bruised. You chuckled. "Its alright, don't worry. But you have an amazing sense of smell, right? Try using that nextime to make sure you selected the right one", you suggested, giving him a soft smile. "Good idea", he commended, scratching the back of his head. 

After the cake was finished, you brought it to Zenitsu. "I-its amazing!! And big!", he exclaimed. "Mhm! It should last you a while. Now don't forget to thank (Y/N)! and Tanjirou-kun!", Shinobu cheered from the back of the room. "T-THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YOU MADE THIS? NO WONDER ITS SO AMAZING!", he exclaimed with tears in his eyes. "O-of course.. anytime.. although I couldn't have done it without Tanjirou-kun's help", you told him modestly. Zenitsu puffed out his cheeks. "You can bake, Tanjirou? and you never baked anything for us before? I see how it is", he pouted childishly. "N-no.. not at all.. I couldn't even tell the difference between salt and sugar", he admitted. 

"Welp, time to dig in!", Tanjirou-kun exclaimed racing for the cake. "Not so fast, Tanjirou-kun. Remember, this cake has medicine for Zenitsu-kun in it. I don't think you should eat it", you recommended. "Oh..", he sulked disappointed. "Of course, we could always make another cake just for you", you reassured, panicking a bit that you ruined his mood. "Yay!", he exclaimed. "And maybe, nextime, Muichirou-kun could help too instead of watching", Shinobu popped in and said. "Muichirou-san? Huh?", Tanjirou questioned. "Oh, so that was the lurking presence I felt", you thought to yourself. 

"Hm.. Hello, Shinobu-san, I was simply wandering around", Muichirou spoke, popping out from behind a wall. "Can I have some cake? The medicine won't be able to effect my body", he asked. "O-Of course", you told him. "Mmm.. it's actually pretty good", he stated, taking another slice. "Thank you Muichirou-san", you replied a little flustered. 

"Be sure to make a cake for me nextime I'm around. I can't seem to remember the names of the flavours.. I guess this flavour will do fine", he requested, making his way out of the Butterfly Estate. "Well (Y/N)! You have a customer", Shinobu clapped. 

"I guess I do. Speaking of cake.. When is Muichirou-san's birthday?", you asked. "Its on August 8th if I recall correctly. Do you plan on designing him a cake?" Shinobu asked excitedly. "Maybe, I'm not sure", you replied. "Ooh I look forward to it if you decide to! Let me help, okay?", Shinobu chimed. "Definetely", you reassured her. 

Okay everyone, I'd like to start by apologizing for my absence. Things have been a huge roller coaster and I hope you guys understand. I kept saying I'd come back and write another chapter but I never got to it, and I'm sorry if I've kept any of you guys waiting and made ya annoyed. But all that aside, I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL! Muichirou and (Y/N) will slowly progress but they'll get there! I also reread the demon slayer manga.. omg I FEEL THE PAIN ALL OVER AGAIN. But they are alive in our hearts ;w; Do you guys like baking? I loveee baking !! Its a huge hobby. AND AGAIN I'M SORRY AND I HOPE TO BE BACK SOON but I don't think I'm in a position to make promises. I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL!! AUTHOR-CHAN OUT 🏃‍♀️💨💨