𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻

The screens went out one by one and so did the lights, only the emergency ones remaining.

Sora stood up in confusion. "Huh? What happened?"

"Lights are out. Sora-ssi, stay here. I need you to monitor everything while I'm out getting Yikyeong to help you." ─ Eunhyeok said, standing up. He looked down at her, warm chocolate eyes reflecting the dim orange light from the emergency reactor. ─ "I'll have to check out the electrical room."

"All alone? Absolutely not." ─ Sora crossed her arms over her chest, determined gaze not wavering as she was caught in a staring match with her companion. ─ "Haven't you heard Yikyeong-unnie? We shouldn't go wandering around by ourselves."

Over the past few hours, Sora had been sticking more and more by Eunhyeok's side. She'd leave the management office to check up on her friends and when she came back, she'd find him monitoring the cameras, and started pointing out a few things that came to mind when she caught him muttering under his breath.

She talked to Yikyeong too, trying to see things from her point of view so they could do what was best for everyone that was trapped there, including her friends.

After a while, she found herself seeing less of Minji and Chaerin because Eunhyeok and Yikyeong always called her over wherever an important decision had to be made, or they just needed her advice, as Eunhyeok herself said her insight was valuable to the way things need to be administrated around the building.

Hyeok, Yikyeong and Sora became the brain and heart behind the survival planning. The man was stubborn at first, hesitant when they helped, but found the things they said to be valid and began reaching out for help.

Yikyeong for her experience as a firefighter, Sora as the detail oriented due to her career in music.

The young woman clicked her tongue. "I'll go with you."

"I appreciate your concern, but it's not needed. Wait here for Yikyeong." ─ And with that, he vanished.

Sora sighed, slumping on her chair. "Stubborn little shithead."

She rose from her seat and exited the room, hoping to find Eunhyeok before he did something he'd regret.

She found him after awhile, standing by himself in a dim corridor, and jogged lightly to catch up to him.

"Finally." ─ She huffed out, pausing when she realized the absence of a particular woman clad in pink. Confused, she turned to his avoidant gaze, ─ "Where's unnie?"

"She went to electrical." ─ He replied curtly, turning to walk away. She tried her best to keep up with his long legs, but staggered behind.

"What?" ─ She questioned, looking at the back of his head. ─ "But that wasn't part of the plan...was it? She was supposed to either stay with me, or go with you."

His steps faltered, and she bumped into his back. Sora walked a few steps in front of him so she could turn and look straight into his eyes.

"She went alone." ─ was his answer as he finally looked into her eyes, and her furrowed brows immediately softened at the conflicted expression on his face.

"Hyeok...please don't tell me you did that on purpose..." ─ She said softly, recalling the conversation they had a few hours ago.

Eunhyeok asked the older woman how they would proceed with the situation and she gave him a few suggestions on how to keep everyone together, all while Sora looked at the cctv and nodded along with a few of Yikyeong's words. 

She saw weird movement at the corner of the screen but kept quiet, opting to tell him that later in private.

"We can talk about this later." ─ He gulped, addams apple bobbing, and pushed past her.