𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀

Her tears fell on the desk with light thumps, and she was not able to contain her hiccups and sobs this time. She cried loudly, taking out the tape and running out of the security office, making a beeline to the management office.

She entered without a single word, ignoring Eunhyeok's questions directed at her tear stained face and puffed red eyes. Sora picked up her guitar and sat by the corner, tossing the tape at her bag.

She pushed the outside noises to the back of her mind and focused on playing the guitar, her tears falling on the metal chords and all over her fingers.

The chord progressions she was playing began to get fast paced as she used her own fingers, not bothered to find her guitar pick somewhere inside the guitar case.

An improvised solo started getting played, the mental bpm raising higher and higher until she snapped. Her fingers were unable to find a few of the strings no matter how hard the calloused pads of her digits pressed, metal poking at the sides.

The instrument was suddenly and forcefully ripped away from her arms, and she looked up at the culprit, brows furrowed.

Eunhyeok looked down at her, wide eyed. The warm pools of chocolate brown had a mixture of emotions she deciphered as concern and fear, the object in his arms in a pretty bad shape.

The first two strings, E and B, had snapped at the blunt force of the plucking she had done. The strings were covered with her own blood ─ that usually happened when she played too hard─, and Sora looked down at her hands.

More cuts littered the surface of her palms and fingers than before, and the tears falling down her cheeks mixed in with the fresh blood of opened wounds.

The opened wounds in her palms and her heart.

Why...who placed that tape there? Did Chaerin ask Hyunsu to grab it for her during his time upstairs?

She wasn't ready for that. Sora had been in so much stress because of Minji's lockdown.

She reached for her guitar with a light sob, eyes pooling with more tears as Eunhyeok pulled it even farther away from her.

"Give it back." ─ she whimpered, hands shaking. ─ "Don't...don't take my coping mechanism away from me..."

"No can do. I'll take this to Dusik when he gets here so he can remove the strings." ─ He stated, eyes softening at the sight of her wiping her tears away with her bloodied hand. ─ "Stay here, I'll go place this somewhere and get you some bandages."

He turned around and left. Sora didn't waste a second before getting up and going the opposite direction, to the arcade door.

Seonyeong, the auntie who was married to that scumbag of a man, saw her state and tried to comfort and her and convince her to come to the store to get bandaged up.

Sora politely declined with a forced smile, saying she had to see Minji and would talk to her later when she was feeling better.

After convincing her she was going to be okay, Seonyeong finally left, and the woman quickly made her way to the spot the infected were locked inside.

She pushed the gates up, watching as Seokhyeon came over to the bar covered window. "Ha! Finally, you realized this is a mistake and will let me out of here, right?"

She slammed the door open and made her way past him, ignoring the swearing directed at her. Minji was curled up in what was usually Hyunsu's spot, blood staining her Megadeth shirt.

The older woman immediately sat up straight, concern lacing her figure as Sora latched onto her and cried.

"What's wrong?"