Chapter Three: Blood Relations

A/n: a new chapter again guys!! no spoilers so I'm just going to shut my mouth. Enjoy :)

~○~○~○~○~○~○~

Previously on DAECHWITA...

"Your highness, the Crowned Prince has summoned you to the palace."

"Tell my brother that his princely baby brother is busy and will not be attending his kingly duties for him."

"Let my family go!"

"Here's your goddamn money, I payed more than what we owe so you have no business being here, GO!"

"I have already signed the papers for the coronation, you just have to deal with the people, and your other duty is to welcome the Queen on her arrival from Weolseong tomorrow."

"Why don't you just do it then? Aren't you the favorite son? I'm sure mother would be delighted to see your face, besides I'm not free anyday."

"Mother asked for you specifically."

"That's a first, considering its mother."

"Can't you just do as you're told?! I have so many responsibility for this Kingdom, all you can do to help is to follow whatever duty of a prince you have."

"I didn't ask to be a prince, you and mother forced that title onto me, it wasn't ours to begin with!"

-----

         THE TABLE was quiet. In fact it was the most quiet dinner the Jung family has ever had. Mr. Jung sat at the end of the table with Mrs. Jung at his left, In-Seok at his father's right. Yoongi was beside his mother while Ho-seok sits across Yoon-gi.

The silence continued for a few more minutes, with Ho-seok casually choking on his food and Yoon-gi eating as quietly as a mouse. Occasionally the wind would blow pass them and soon the growing tension in the air was broken by Mr. Jung asking Ho-seok to pass the kimchi to him. "Here you go father."

"Thank you Ho-seok."

"By the way In-Seok, I heard you got into another fight with the cotton farmers, you're the talk of the village. When are you going to learn from your brother, Yoon-gi over here, he barely gets into a fight and helps in the house."

In-Seok clenched his fist gripping the chopsticks in his hands the moment his father mentioned his name along in the same sentence as the word "trouble."

"Speaking of Yoon-gi, thank you for paying off Mr. Han this morning, son."

"It's nothing father, I'm sorry." Yoon-gi said feeling a bit guilty.

In-Seok scoffed, starting to eat in a fast pace whilst looking away from the rest.

"You don't have to apologize, being able to help us in any way is enough, In-seok you should be a little bit more like your brother."

In-Seok couldn't take it anymore. He suddenly banged on the table which startled everyone. He was constantly being compared to Yoon-gi and he couldn't take it any longer. In-Seok gathered all of his strength and proceeded to leave the house. "In-Seok where do you think you're going?" His father exclaimed.

"I'm so sick and tired of you, always picking that piece of garbage you found in the river over your own flesh and blood!"

"He is still your brother."

"No father he is not and he will never be." With that In-seok left the house.

The other Jungs looked down at their plates in shame. Yoongi quickly tried his best to keep quiet. He knew he was adopted, he didn't really care that he wasn't blood related to them, and he knew how much In-seok hated him. It just made things harder. He tried hard not to show his sadness. He looked up to meet eyes with Mrs. Jung and she gave him a soft smile. The rest of the meal was done in complete silence, save for the occasional conversation between each other.

Ho-seok and Yoon-gi was now walking along a very familiar river. It's once clear stream now flows with muddy and unclear water. A small bridge crosses the stream that leads onto a grassy area where a lot of vendors were busy selling all sorts of souvenirs. Yoon-gi was carrying a few bags filled with snacks for the both of them. They had been on the walk for around twenty minutes and had already seen some interesting sights that they have seen ever since they were kids.

Ho-seok knew his brother was still upset about what In-seok said at supper but he didn't want Yoon-gi to feel uncomfortable.

He looked at his brother with kind, caring eyes. "Hey... Don't worry about it. You're still my brother even if you can't see it."

Yoon -gi smiled softly and leaned over to give a hug to Ho-seok. Yoon-gi was never the type to like hugs but he didn't stop him. Yoon -gi felt better after the hug, although he knew deep inside that there was no use in trying. The only thing that will get through his stubborn older brother's thick head is time and patience.

Suddenly, Yoon -gi stopped dead in tracks and turned to face his younger brother. "Oh ho, look. Someone wants to play catch." Ho-seok looked behind him to find a group of three boys running toward them. The tallest one held a ball in his hand and he looked ready to throw. Ho-seok's eye twitched when he realized the oldest boy threw the ball directly at his face. They played ball as they forget there were ever an argument.

---

Just along the river bank was a connecting river to Hoedong Kingdom. The land here is quite beautiful in its own way. The grassy field is dotted with tall grasses, wildflowers blooming here and there. It's very peaceful. The Hansedong Palace was located at the center of the kingdom, built from limestone and marble with a garden to the south. On the walls were many windows that allowed a person to see everything around them. But no one was in sight except the two fine gentlemen.

"I wish I could visit my parents more often, Nam-jun." A man dressed in a greenish layered royal hanbok, stood on the bridge above the river bank. He was admiring the view of the sunset from atop of the bridge. He was smiling happily. His black hair fell elegantly upon his shoulders. He was handsome and elegant. But something wasn't right. Nam-jun sighed, this wasn't the first time his majesty was troubled.

As a young child, Seok-jin always loved watching the sunset. He would sit under a tree near his home as the sky began to change colors. At that moment he would remember everything that he saw and wonder what he could see when he grew up. As he got older he learned that life isn't that simple, things aren't the same especially after he achieved his title. But he never forgot those moments when he was still a kid, those golden sunsets he would watch with his mother and little sister. He remembered her laugh, the sound of her voice, how gentle and calming she was whenever he asked something or needed comfort and encouragement. His favorite part of these memories though, were the ones in the spring. He'd always love to go out in the gardens to see the flowers blooming, to smell the fresh breeze, to hear music playing from the palace. That's when everything seemed to brighten. His life would then become brighter than before because he'd get to spend more time with his family. Even if it was just for a short period of time, he would cherish every second of it. He collected his thoughts as the sunset slowly disappeared from the horizon, replacing the once orange hue with complete darkness. Seok-jin sighed. "Let's go Nam-jun." His royal advisor could only follow him back to the palace, not uttering a single word.

-------

A/n: This was rushed but I hope you enjoyed it... we finally meet Namjoon and Seokjin!

I'll see you soon, sorry this was late. :)