Wise Whispers: To Kill A Mockingbird quote essay- grade 9

{Hiya! This is the part where I poof in and yell TW because this story has lots of angst, death, some religion, and fire! Just a warning before we start the story. 

My characters Sklar Rodgers, Jordan Rodgers, and Tee are not apart of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. They are OC's and I used this essay as an excuse to write a kind of backstory for my characters that I'd like to put in my comic someday :D

If you are okay with the N word and acts of Racism (not in general, I just mean that the book takes place in the 1930s and it's very present in the book, calm down Twitter) Then I reccomend you read the book! This essay does not spoil the story, but the book is still better than anything I could write and you should check it out sometime

I will put the grade I get on this assignment in the comments after it is graded, but for now enjoy the story} 

In the deep summertime humidity of the Kentucky forest, the quick pitter patter of footsteps could be heard. Running. Screaming. Crying. Hot winds blew from the freedom of the wildfire currently devouring the summer camp nearby. Trees snapped in half and became engulfed in flames. Smoke billowed from the monstrous hot substance taking over the once happy little summer getaway that had been turned into a broiling nightmare.

"But my bear-"

"SKYLAR LET'S GO!"

The brunette girl felt tears form in her eyes as her brother threw her over his shoulder and fled the tent, just as it became encased in fire.

Coughing could be heard all around. People wrapped in blankets hurried from the sights, screaming when massive pine trees fell to the ground and crushed their friends.
"WHAT DO WE DO?" said one girl, holding her younger brother in her arms.

"Get to the lake! It's our only safe bet at this point!" Said an older boy.

Skylar sobbed as her sibling carried her through the burning forest.

"Where's mama?"

"She's at home with Dad. Look, we'll find them soon okay?"

The older brother, also referred to as Jordan Rodgers, held onto his sister as tight as he could as he sprinted towards the body of water known as Powell Lake.

He and his sister had been dropped off here a few days ago to attend a summer camp, since their parents' anniversary was that weekend, and they wanted the kids to have a chance to experience the wilderness of the bluegrass state before they moved to Utah in the fall.

Skylar cried and clung to her brother as she held her eyes shut tightly. The heat of the fire made her eyes sting, and it didn't help that she was crying. The adults had been killed by the collapsed structure that was once the lounge area. Teens and kids scrambled amongst themselves, screaming.. until the screams of some were suddenly silenced, and the sobs and wails of others followed. .

Skylar opened her eyes and looked up when she heard it.. The harsh snap of the largest pine, just a few feet from the lake.

"JORDAN!" She screamed, but not before her brother reacted and threw her in front of him as the massive tree fell to the ground, crushing his and several other's bodies with its brutal weight.

His vision went black before fading into a blurry, bloody mess. He wiped his eyes and grunted from the head wound upon his head.

"JORDAN!!!"