How does it work?

So, the process is super simple.

Every single person who has entered a book will receive a review partner. These partnerships will be specified in a later chapter. Each pair needs to communicate with each other about the type of critique and review they want, as well as problem areas that they might feel they need help with.

Examples: 

-Grammar

-Plot Development

-Holes in the Plotline

-Character Development

-Covers

-Titles

-Detail

-Overall enjoyment

You must also specify which type of review that you want. For example, I am going to give my partner a review chapter by chapter. I am going to go with each chapter, read it and point out things that will hopefully beneficial. You guys do not have to do it this way, but it is vital that you communicate how you and your partner will do the review.

It is very important that each person in each group communicates what type of review they wish to receive. It is also important that everyone who joins is willing to give the review that they deserve. Meaning, that each review needs to go into depth. 

Also guys...give back what you receive. If someone takes the time to point out grammatical errors, make suggestions and help you out, all while editing their own books, please give them the thanks they deserve. This is done by giving them a thorough review in this case.

I want to stress that it is never too late to learn something new. By that, I mean that those that are here to get their books reviewed must be ready for positive feedback, but most of all, constructive feedback. It is important to be able to receive criticism effectively for this all to work.

But...

There is also a difference between giving criticism that is effective, constructive, and helpful, and giving criticism that is discouraging. Hopefully, this will be a community where everyone is here to uplift and make each other even stronger writers, and we won't have to worry about that.

The next chapters will give an outline of what an effective review should and shouldn't look like.