Chapter 4

I'm so mad. Mad at myself. Mad at Liam too. He took me to that stupid canopy tent of flowers and trees and a romantic bridge and just put a spell on me. We agreed to meet downstairs tonight at 7:30 to go out. I can't believe he got me to agree to this. And that wasn't even me back there. That was some other girl who was caught in the moment, not me. 

"What should I do, what should I do?" I whisper to myself nervously. I can't go with him. I don't want to go with him.

My shoes tap on the floor lightly as I pace back and forth from the edge of my bed to the window. I can't just tell him, 'nevermind I'm not going. I hate you and we're not married so leave me alone.' 

"Ugh!" I groan, flopping my back onto the bed. I look over at the clock. I have an hour and a half until I have to meet him downstairs. My eyes refocus on the ceiling, and I just stare at it for a couple minutes. 

"Might as well get ready." I mumble to myself. I don't really have much clothes, but I pull out a semi nice dress and sheer black tights to wear. My coat is a bit on the fancier and classier side, and will cover up the average dress. I should look exceptional if we're going to a nice restaurant, just as long as I leave my coat on. 

After showering and putting my undergarments on, I tie my hair up in a towel and pull my dress on.

A knock on the door rushes my tug on the zipper and I get it stuck. "Damn it!" I mumble, "Who is it?" I call out from the bathroom.

"It's Jesy dear!" 

I walk over to unlock the door. "Hi." I say.

"Hello love, Liam asked me to check if you needed anything?" She smiles.

"Um actually could you please zip this up?" I ask turning around. She closes the door behind her and pulls the zipper of the dress up to my neck. 

"So where are you and Liam off to this evening?" 

"I don't know." I sigh. She knows that I've isolated myself from Liam since I've been here. I'm pretty sure I've heard her and Liam arguing in the kitchen about me a few times. But not enough for me to really catch what they were saying. 

"Mind if I sit?" She motions to the bed. 

"Sure." I say. 

She sits on the corner of my bed as I walk into the bathroom to start my hair, but she's still in my line of sight. "How have you been doing?" She asks. 

"I'm good." I say, "How are you?"

"I'm good too."

I look over at her and smile. She really is a sweet woman, and her and Liam seem to get along well. "Liam thinks you're beautiful you know." She says.

"That's nice." I say. I start blow drying my hair and she comes into the bathroom and leans against the door frame. It doesn't bother me that she's watching me get ready. But I can tell this conversation is going to be about Liam. 

"Did you like the rose garden?" She asks.

"Yes," I nod, "it's actually amazing."

"It's one of Liam's favorite places to go." She says. "He's an old romantic that boy, a good heart too. He loves being the one to make someone smile." 

I look at her as I dry my hair, listening intently. I mean, I should know what he's like right?

She notices my little curiosity, and it encourages her to continue. "You know," She says, "I've always found it odd that he's so picky about who he dates."

"Picky?" I ask, flipping the dryer off and using a towel instead, allowing myself to hear better. 

"He's a very affectionate person. His idea of love and romance is charming and believe me, his past sweethearts were very, very lucky.." She pauses, "He's had no problem attracting woman, but very few were passionate enough for him. He only found appeal in the ones who found excitement and beauty in the little things. The ones with the purest hearts and love."